Il Papa on Twatter

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by AAGF, Jul 17, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Caption in the Grauniad today:

[h=1]Vatican offers 'time off purgatory' to followers of Pope Francis tweets[/h]
    Does anyone take heed of the medieval nonsense - indulgences, saints, limbo, purgatory and all that? I thought indulgences were done away with due to corruption ...

2. As a Presbyterian, it is all heresy and without merit. Taigs, all of them.

3. Couldn't give two fucks about religion I'm a pagan

4. Where's Martin Luther when you need him? He'd have a hell of a time trying to post his objections to a church door these days,probably get nicked for vandilism.

5. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Bit line Russia

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

6. Purgatory and the Vatican Church, Hmm, just another means of controlling faithful. Perhaps the Crusties (Cardinals) in the Vatican will do what they did in medieval days - bring back the selling of Indulgences for time off in Purgatory as way of raising some cash for the Banco Vaticano.

7. Those cheap fuckers still owe me a fucking head job from when I was a kid.
    Lying cunts.

• Like Like x 3
  9. ^. I have to agree, beetroot is fucking manky.

10. Times must be very hard indeed in the Vatican when Il Papa has to turn to tinternet grooming!

11. All the young kiddies use twitter, so it's logical that all the sex pests use it too.

12. Just a classic case of keeping up with the Jones's or to be precise, the Mohammads.

All the other religious nut jobs are all over the internet, selling their Martyrdom and Jihads, so it stands to reason that the the Roman Catholics would want to get in on the act.

Personally I think they should offer better stuff, time off purgatory, fuck off, I want a new car, give me a new car and I'll come to church a few times.
    Make it a new 5 series and I'll turn up for a whole week and I promise not to call you out on all the fucking bullshit you spout....
    Your Holiness.

13. Fuck you're pricey you are. When I was a kid I would've settled for a mars bar and a can of coke...

14. Ah, but I'm not a kid, and if that religious loon wants me in his house of worship he'll need to dig deep, well not that deep really, those Vatican city coffers are fucking rammed to the rafters with loot.
    He can spare 30k to get me a new 5 series, and if he doesn't, well that's clearly proof that there is no god.

15. It's all true actually. The Almighty had a word with Il Papa and asked him to do a deal with the followers of Christ. Apparently He was worried his credibility was on the wain after all the Islamic/Jewish/Christian thing that's been happening for the last 2,000 years. He reckoned that the Catholics needed a bit of a bonus for getting on Twitter. He's still in negotiation with various Imams and Rabbi's who are playing for extras.