IL 2 Birds of prey out soon

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by joey_deacons_lad, Aug 29, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ok this one slipped under my radar but i was a big fan of the pc versions and the latest is coming out on PS3 and Xbox on the 4/09. It looks pretty good and i think a demo is out on PSN so will anyone else be getting this?

2. Sadly its a piss poor arcade version of the PC Game.Youre better off buying Il2 Sturmovik 1946 and get all the games and expansions in one for less than a tenner,then go to the Ultrapack site and mod it.
  3. What he said.

Also check out 'Rise of flight' (should be available from now) but to get the best of it you need a fast processor.

Flight sims are getting hot now. I'm gonna 'need a bigger boat' and am thinking of a futureproof PC with a 3.5ghz processor and at least 1.5TB of memory along with all the other usual bells and whistles for gaming.

Anyone here not using Track IR5?

Get it. Its great for sims, especially air combat and adds a whole new dimension.
  4. My wife bought me this game for my PS3 last Saturday and it's been hard to stop playing it. So much so I told the missus I'd come to bed at 10:00pm and didn't end up joining her until 12:45am, oooops! The aeroplane graphics are superb as is the landscape views, especially when dogfighting over the white cliffs of Dover. There are loads of storyline missions to complete and also added are single missions aswell which really adds to the variety. The only annoying thing with the game is when I first went online and tried to join a game a message kept coming up that no games were available, so eventually I ended-up setting-up my own game and waiting for others to join in. It didn't take too long to do this and for others to join in my game but it can be frustrating if you just want to quickly go online and join in an already set-up game.
  5. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

£25,000 for memory? futureproof? I'd expect it to be bloody bulletproof for that money... ;)
  6. Been playing it but stuck on the night time mission shooting down the Ju 52's one always get by fcuking annoying having to do the full mission time after time