Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IJLB Shornecliffe

Oh my giddy ant, found this site after clearing a box I bought from my old house to a new one. Inside was pictures of my year of hell at Shorncliffe Junior Leaders camp. 16plt P Coy, Sept 75 - Sept 76, what a ball breaker, doubling everywhere, but the leave, all that money, felt like a millionaire. Went on to spend four great years in the Glosters, met some great mate's a long the way, can remember my officer Capt E-----ds fromt he Hampshire regiment, and a Kings Regiment sgt called R------n but the DERR sgts name escapes me, great blokes, first good piss up on a welsh coast have the pictures of the keg of booze they purchased. Tough time's but boy did it change this boy. Love to hear from anyone who served with Roger ( always threatening to join the camel corp at the time. I remember a great scouse guy from Speake and a good friend at the time Steve from Sandbach, went to his home on a half term, top man.

Good times but tough and hard and the hot 76 summer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Arnhem coy 80-81

Milling with the upstairs platoon

Being forced to box for the company, winning becoming junior Army boxing champion the competition being held at Shorncliffe.

Training with a Para who would become British lightweight champion defending the title 6 times.

Haircut on the second or third day, no beer for a year.

PT in the swimming pool in and out of the depend

shiny

Old-Salt
You responded to a post from Nov 2007 , the poster @shiny is still lurking around though.
Holy resurrected thread batman. Yes I am still here. I think I still have the section photo kicking around somewhere too.

shiny

Old-Salt
Was you 1 section aswell then? If you was and can find the section photo I am on full screws left,the one with the big bollocks
Found it. I'm sat the other side of the Full Screw. I moved to 3 section half way through to join the Drums Platoon.

Latest Threads