Ignore list - why can't i put a moderator on it?

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I have to admit that my enjoyment of ARRSE increased when I discovered the 'IGNORE' feature and put the trolls and throbbers on it. Unfortunately one of the throbbers is a MOD and as such he can't be got rid of.

I understand that a MOD needs to be able to communicate with users when he needs to sort out issues but maybe he could have an override button for that and then those of us who do not wish to view his day to day puerile outpourings don't have to.

You could always just roll your eyes and move on to the next post. It's not as though the MOD in question posts on every thread like Afghan Kandak is it?

If you're upset about said MOD's comments on the Athlete thread then he had a point. It's a thread in the NAAFI forum that he happens to moderate and you were crying all over it.

I can ignore Afghan Kandak? Why was this not in my monthly email briefing?

Max Ehrmann said:
Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
and listen to others,
even to the dull and the ignorant;
they too have their story.
Only weak people use 'ignore'.

It's one of those secrets of Arrse that those who make use of the ignore function are generally the trolls, throbbers and general tossers that this site attracts. 'Ignore' is the internet equivelant of sticking your fingers in your ears and humming loudly.

Could we please have a feature that identifies these tosspots?

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
It's one of those secrets of Arrse that those who make use of the ignore function are generally the trolls, throbbers and general tossers that this site attracts. 'Ignore' is the internet equivelant of sticking your fingers in your ears and humming loudly.

The ones who cry 'Put me on ignore then' and then go and tell their Mam.

The ones who cry 'Put me on ignore then' and then go and tell their Mam.
I have to confess that I have asked a few throbbers to put me on ignor, it seemed nicer than asking them to top themselves, something that would do the whole world a favour.

Does that apply to army communication. My unit seems to have me on ignore .... or can't use email.

Does that apply to army communication. My unit seems to have me on ignore .... or can't use email.
Could be they have been offed as part of SDSR and no-one told you. Don't say anything if the money keeps hitting your bank account.

B

bokkatankie

I'm not a MOD......
I can see you but I can't hear you. All a bit of 5 year old reaction.

Sticks and stones will break my bones but names will never hurt me. Call me a **** as much as you like; for one day you will slip up and then the fun goes the other way, isn't that the point of the internet blogging arena.

Ignoring is purile, childish and deprives us of getting on the outrage bus, then getting off, then getting on, then getting of, then getting on, then getting off and finally disapearing up our own ARRSEhole as we eventually realize that not one person on the whole site supports our argument.

So my view, remove ignore; it is my argument and I stand by it until I realize no one else supports it, then I will go quiet for a bit; but then at the first glimmer of hope I will launch again with my unsupported argument in the hope that somehow the world has changed and that my point of view is at last relevant.

Anyone who has followed my posts and threads (over the last painful and mostly pointless 5 years) should already know this so ignore is simply not required, MOD or not.

Pardon? Is there someone there?

Isn't the outrage bus on another detail at the moment? Picking up a consignment of nurses... mind you I'll be outraged if it doesn't turn up again.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Good CO ARRSE: Site Issues 11
naguere The NAAFI Bar 6
Mighty_doh_nut Army Pay, Claims & JPA 0