Ignore list - why can't i put a moderator on it?

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by BuggerAll, Jul 27, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I have to admit that my enjoyment of ARRSE increased when I discovered the 'IGNORE' feature and put the trolls and throbbers on it. Unfortunately one of the throbbers is a MOD and as such he can't be got rid of.

I understand that a MOD needs to be able to communicate with users when he needs to sort out issues but maybe he could have an override button for that and then those of us who do not wish to view his day to day puerile outpourings don't have to.
  2. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

Where is the damn ignore thingy anyway?
  3. Click on the username above their avatar, choose 'view profile' and ignore is about the Third one down.

Oh dear.....
  4. You could always just roll your eyes and move on to the next post. It's not as though the MOD in question posts on every thread like Afghan Kandak is it?

If you're upset about said MOD's comments on the Athlete thread then he had a point. It's a thread in the NAAFI forum that he happens to moderate and you were crying all over it.
  5. I can ignore Afghan Kandak? Why was this not in my monthly email briefing?
  6. Only weak people use 'ignore'.
    • Like Like x 3
  7. It's one of those secrets of Arrse that those who make use of the ignore function are generally the trolls, throbbers and general tossers that this site attracts. 'Ignore' is the internet equivelant of sticking your fingers in your ears and humming loudly.

Could we please have a feature that identifies these tosspots?
    • Like Like x 4
  8. The ones who cry 'Put me on ignore then' and then go and tell their Mam.
  9. I've only got one person on ignore, I'm fed up of it dribbling in my pm inbox
  10. Im guessing a mod is very similar to an over zealous RSM - you WANT to ignore him but ultimately cant
  11. I have to confess that I have asked a few throbbers to put me on ignor, it seemed nicer than asking them to top themselves, something that would do the whole world a favour.
  12. So you can't read this then?
  13. Does that apply to army communication. My unit seems to have me on ignore .... or can't use email.
  14. I'm not a MOD......
  15. Could be they have been offed as part of SDSR and no-one told you. Don't say anything if the money keeps hitting your bank account.