If you're thinking of working in Saudi, think again.

Nothing to do with their human rights record or strict religious laws but their money is running out due to the fall in oil prices. It's left a shortfall of $120 billion in their budget: Linky:

Oil crash forces S. Arabia to cut ‘unnecessary’ budget expenses

But that's not my point. This has affected big companies such as Saudi Ogre (sic!) who have not been able to pay their workers for about 7 months so they have no food. The respective embassies of these workers are having to provide food!! Linky:

Thousands of foreign workers stranded in Saudi Arabia without food or water

It's absolutely mindboggling the Saudi government has allowed it to get to such a state. It exhibits the characteristics of a psychopathic dysfunctional government that has never had to earn its power. Saudis position in the world is based on its oil and once that runs out, it will slide back into its medieval roots. I predict it will become a failed state, if it hasn't already started down that slippery road.

Of course the Saudi government already realises this so recently the Head of Saudi Council for Economic and Development, Prince someone or another, has got a new plan to transition the country from reliance on oil to, wait for it.....the sovereign wealth fund, i.e. investment. Norway, UAE and China are the top three in the SWF. I hope this fuckwittery is stopped because you simply cannot have a country like China for example investing in the infrastructure of the UK. To put it plainly you cannot trust them regardless of 'assurances'.

Saudi's attempt, in my view, is doomed to failure because you can't graft sophisticated ideas of investment and its necessary attendant principles of democracy, freedom, transparency, competence and professionalism to name a few, on a medieval society. Economic theories, aside, I don't think a country can succeed unless it can produce something of worth for the rest of the world be it technology, industry, services, etc.

The sad thing is if Saudi fails the consequences affects the whole world because it would become a black hole for terrorism.

Over to you gentlemen (and ladies).

I'm all for dodgies investing in the UK infrastructure. Then when the baloon goes up we send them a remember Suez and Abbadan card and nick the lot.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
I'm not one to gossip. This thread is shit mind.
I know you love being the arrse master of ceremonies (and if rumours are true you've been hankering after a particular straight mod for a while now) but the thread is not for you. So run along to your bathroom mirror and do your magic mantra to reassure yourself.

Mirror mirror on the wall
Whose the most popular of them all.

You utter freak.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
I know you love being the arrse master of ceremonies (and if rumours are true you've been hankering after a particular straight mod for a while now) but the thread is not for you. So run along to your bathroom mirror and do your magic mantra to reassure yourself.

You utter freak.
I'm sure you'll be very happy, nobody will miss either of you.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP

You utter freak.
shoo.jpg

You utter freak.
It might not be a rumour that he's slipped a crippler to younger (adult) relative of a Mod. He's very charitable like that.

The sad thing is if Saudi fails the consequences affects the whole world because it would become a black hole for terrorism.
Bollocks. What hidebound, reactionary, hypocritical and morally corrupt country bankrolls terrorism already? KSA.

Saudi deserves wholeheartedly to go down the pan and I'd rather pick up the pieces than prop up the Wahhabi scum running it.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
It might not be a rumour that he's slipped a crippler to younger (adult) relative of a Mod. He's very charitable like that.
Spill the beans then.

Latest Threads