If you were stuck in Richmond on Sunday with the Doris and you were not in the mood ?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by TheIronDuke, May 20, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Yeah, dont ask. One finds oneself in Richmond with a few hours to kill between lunchtime and tea time this Sunday. We will have had 'breakfast' so will be stuffed with scran so you may stick Ye Olde Henry Tudor Sunday Lunche. And we wont have time to do Hampton Court or Kew. I'm thinking a walk up the river or poodle about in the park? But it has been a while since I have been around Richmond.

Any advice welcome.

2. You could do worse, it's just down the road:

What

3. You could go and see this.

Attached Files:

4. Knock her back doors in

5. Kew Gardens is but a short cab ride away.'

[Edited to add]

DOH! Sorry, just re-read your original post.

6. Yeah, chicks love flowers.....

• Like Like x 1
  7. Get to the park with a few sarnies and beers and let her feed the deer, she'll be foaming at the gash in no time. Or just head down the White Cross Pub on the river and get smashed. The choice is yours.

8. I think it's great how people put flowers at the roadside, really brightens the day up when you're driving :)

9. pop in to the Robert Peel in kingston. Take plenty of shrapnel

10. ancienturion

ancienturion LE Book Reviewer

Try one of the boat trips for an hour or two. A reasonably pleasant way to spend an afternoon when the weather is fine.

11. Richmond Surrey or Richmond Yorkshire?

12. Seeing as this is the London Forum and the OP mentioned Kew Gardens and Hampton Court, where do you reckon? :roll:

13. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

well going by the intellectual fortitude of many on here it could be a coin toss.

14. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

I wish I had checked in sooner and asked where that was.

Me. "We shall visit Princess Diana's grave"

Her. "But I thought that was in Northamptonshire. In a lake. Like The Lady of Avalon?"

Me. "Nah. You have been misinformed. It is just up past this layby. Trust me".

As it was, boat from Westminister pier to Kew. Poodle along the river bank to Richmond. A shite meal in that boozer by the river. Peer at the river and some ducks. Stroll back. Boat back to Westminister and into that boozer opposite Big Ben for Fullers London Pride then home in time for tea.

Tell you what it is? ******* cyclists on the towpath? **** the **** off you ******* cycling *****. Other than that, a lovely day and thank you for your advice.

15. thats because they're all bastards who deserve to die horrible deaths

• Like Like x 1