If you want to see the captain...

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Stardark, Jun 25, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just been listening to Open Book on R4, and Michael Morpurgo and Jim Boyes were on, because a book of his, 'Private Peaceful' has been recorded as a live concert, with Moyes' band providing the music. Thing is, Moyes sang a bit of a song which I recall from some pithy war-related programme, and I did a quick Google to find out where, but I came with nowt. I'm sure it's a very famous song, so I probably have some of the words wrong.

It goes as in the heading, and then 'I know where he is. i know where he is. I know where he is. If you want to see the captain, I know where he is. He's hanging out/on the... Kinda sketchy on the next bit. Might have been something about the Siegfried line, or is that another song?

Anyway, any help would be appreciated. Boyes actually referred to a politician, and while I'm not sure if that's in the original, or a modern sentiment, it's something I'm sure is worth slinging at the likes of Blair and co, even though people might feel different in the light of a 'just' war.

2. Ta, that's the one. I listened to a programme, First Night', on R4 about 'Oh, What A Lovely War' opening. The 'politician' bit is a new addition, but a welcome one, I think.

Good links, too.