If you want to see the captain...

Just been listening to Open Book on R4, and Michael Morpurgo and Jim Boyes were on, because a book of his, 'Private Peaceful' has been recorded as a live concert, with Moyes' band providing the music. Thing is, Moyes sang a bit of a song which I recall from some pithy war-related programme, and I did a quick Google to find out where, but I came with nowt. I'm sure it's a very famous song, so I probably have some of the words wrong.

It goes as in the heading, and then 'I know where he is. i know where he is. I know where he is. If you want to see the captain, I know where he is. He's hanging out/on the... Kinda sketchy on the next bit. Might have been something about the Siegfried line, or is that another song?

Anyway, any help would be appreciated. Boyes actually referred to a politician, and while I'm not sure if that's in the original, or a modern sentiment, it's something I'm sure is worth slinging at the likes of Blair and co, even though people might feel different in the light of a 'just' war.

Ta, that's the one. I listened to a programme, First Night', on R4 about 'Oh, What A Lovely War' opening. The 'politician' bit is a new addition, but a welcome one, I think.

Good links, too.

Latest Threads