If you want a happy marriage, marry a squaddie.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by smartascarrots, Aug 1, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I thought about marrying a squaddie, but then had a better thought.

2. The article forgot to mention that when they're drunk they'll shag anything and also tend to be drunk on their wedding day... so easy tagrets too.

3. Clicky don't work for me. But, maybe, if you like yer grub, marry a squaddie. A squaddie mate of mine said that both his ex-wives were about nine and a half stone when they met ........ and 15 stone when they left.

4. old_fat_and_hairy

That must have happened to me, but I don't remember marrying a squaddie!

5. Good morning OF&H. That's a point. During my rare experience of "a relationship", I looked like I'd developed a penchance for pies. :oops:

6. old_fat_and_hairy

Then should have made it with a vegetarian. We don't do pies, except healthy ones. And avoid squaddies. I always do.

7. In fact, at the time of embarking on said "relationship", I WAS a vegetarian. However, my principles went out the window, watching him tucking into some delicious-looking duck in plum sauce in a Camden Chinese restaurant, one evening. My willpower/principles with regard to squaddies, might also be questionable. 8O

8. Do furry pies count as vegetarian?

9. old_fat_and_hairy

As long as you don't chew!

10. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Chew Manphat, wasn't that the name of the chick in the article?

11. old_fat_and_hairy

Good job I'm not a squaddie then.!

12. This is nonsense, why just last night my wife said she wished she never married me. As I stumbled through the bedroom door with my best "Lets get it on, but turn around as I can't be arsed to imagine you as anyone else" face.

13. So you've just proved that squaddies are the romantic type then! Bet the Mrs was ever so willing? I would have been, I'd have been willing (honest) to knock a few teeth down your said throat! :wink:

14. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

See that's the problem. You want flowers, meals out and good wine. All we want is an empty sack.

Get your priorities sorted woman.