If you reject transfer under pap10, is it still a med discharge?

Discussion in 'Armed Forces Redundancy Scheme 2010' started by Ancisace, Feb 25, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just got the application for retention rejection letter. I do not mind ; I was planning to sign off anyway. However, the letter implies that I only get a medical discharge (and those all important extra benefits) if I apply to be transferred and they can't find me a place. Is this the case?

I know my chances of getting a transfer are slim, but it would be just my luck that they find me a spot in the Queens Own Biological Warfare Test Subjects Troop instead of kicking me out.

I'm totally MND because of a bowel disorder, so it's not as though they couldn't find me something bone to do.
  2. You don't need to apply. Your career manager at Glasgow is obligated to see if there are jobs elsewhere that you can do, given your medical restrictions. In fact, they are likely to be pretty rare given all redundancies and the transferred from Tranche 3. But, if they were to find you employment and offer it, you then have the choice between accepting the transfer, or refusing and being admin, not medically, discharged. The reason being that you would not be medically unfit for service, if they could find such a job.