If you know her ...

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by unixman, Dec 29, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was out sofa hunting in Droitwich yesterday, when I started talking to a lady who, being on crutches, was obviously a below-knee amputee. I started talking to her, for the very simple reason that I too am an amputee - in my case being above-knee due to a severe childhood illness - and we do tend to compare notes on how our limbs are fitting etc etc ...

It turned out that she was a victim of an IED in Afghanistan, being a FAO with the RA (with which since both my grandfather and my wife's father [in his case he was severely wounded at Anzio] both were officers in the RA I have a special affinity). This happened about a year ago and since then she has been at Selly Oak and then Hedley Court where she has been fitted with prosthetic limbs - with which she has had problems.

Given that the power of ARRSE is immense and that I doubt that there are too many people that fit the description, could someone pass on her my pleasure and honour at meeting her?

PM me if the message gets through and if its OK I will X-post this on the RA forums

2. Trying to get your leg over, are you? :D

3. WHich one? I have 3 ....

Having said that it was a serious request !! :) :)

4. PM sent.

5. PM sent.

6. The power of ARRSE ..... brilliant :)

7. Ha ha know her well will facebook her now . Cheers KP

8. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

From one gunner to another ask her if she wants a holiday when she is well enough

9. Hats off to you sir! Well done.