Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

If you havent read this - do it now

coax-on

Old Salt
Sorry if this has been mentioned in another thread - but if you haven't read Picking up the Brass yet - get hold of a copy - I almost p8*sed my pants reading it. It is absolutely histerical!

It can be bought via this link

http://www.pickingupthebrass.co.uk/

Well worth the dead brasilian it cost

Attachments

• putb_sml.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 1,125
Clausewitz said:
yeeessss..... you wouldn't happen to be one of the authors would you....?

He isn't, but there are 2 guys on here known as "convoy_cock" and "the_rigger" who may have had something to do with it!

changingmag said:
No names, no pack drills... right? I'll look forward to borrowing a copy or getting it from Amazon's New and Used section.

Tight ARRSEd Cunt.
Why don't you just track down the authors, follow them to the bar & minesweep their beer?

What I was thinking BFG - support the authors, they have a sequel on the go which promises to be as funny as this one.

Well worth a few quid and had me remembering long forgotten memories and howling with laughter. BUY IT NOW!!!

changingmag said:
No names, no pack drills... right? I'll look forward to borrowing a copy or getting it from Amazon's New and Used section.

Yup, and you will end up being soo popular with comments like that.

The book, as has been said above, was written by two of the great contributers
to The Lamp and Sandbag forum. They also paid for its publishing
and it has been widely acclaimed by all who have read it on Arrse.

As an aside to all that have bought this great read- Please do not lend your copy to others, or resell it on Amazon or Ebay (not sure why you would want to anyway). Make Jack t0ssers like this but it themselves.

Roll on the sequal!

Yours Miffed,

An Eddie Nugent Fan

Death Rowums - why am I tight fisted? I was merely enquiring if said contributor was genuinely bigging up the book... or genuinely bigging up his royalties. Happy to pay full whack. :)

No I'm not one of the authors. I received it the other day and much to the annoyance to Mrs coax-on ignored her for said time it took to read, which took doubly as long as I spent most of the time wetting my pants with laughter.

Hats of to convoy and rigger - why the fcuk didn't I think of doing this. Perhaps they could write one with other peoples experiences as well - a bit like the book about the Falklands Dont cry for me Sergeant major and try not to laugh sergeant major - I've got some brilliant ones