• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

If you hadnt been a squaddie, what would you have been?

Seriously? A senior manager for McDonalds. I worked for them before I joined up and had been promoted twice in the first four months; I took a pay-cut when I joined the army and didn't pass my MaccyD's wage until I was on trade pay 14 months later. There were 147 stores then, there are 1200 now. They promote from within and I did, as they say, get in at the bottom floor.

In my dreams? A bikini-line waxer on "Gladiators"

Jail, and it was Army or Youth Offenders Institute and that would have meant "what fu*king tool?" and sessions in the greenhouse saying nnnnggghhhh, whilst having my anus stretched, by the Daddy.

But I was "asked" to join up, so I still got fu*ked, but in so many different ways !! and never once did the MOD give me a reach around.....cnuts!

The man who picks up the soild (edited to say that should be soiled -though the thought of solid gruds gets me going) gruds in the Ladies' changing room at Wimbledon (Tennis not FC).

Seriously-my boss at Dixons said he'd keep my job on the photo counter for me-I held him to his word and moonlighted on saturdays and leave for a couple of years.

I was going to join the Police, but they were so off hand with my enquiries, that i popped into the Recruiting office down the road and bingo - I was in Sutton Colfield in days.
That showed them!

Blown out by Cheshire Police at 18 so went out and got drunk, woke up next day with stinkin hangover at UI females house and popped into the careers office on the way back home.

well if I hadnt been a squaddie I would have gone into the family busines.. car stealing and drug dealing.. oh and been in prison for a bit.

my family are wank

devexwarrior - believe me after 13 years of wimbledon you meant solid! For every sharipova there's two dozen mauresmo's!

Me - copper, only joined cos I was too old for police cadets and too young to join. Thought I'd do 3 in the army to stand me in good stead for the force. Started having a laugh on day one and haven't stopped 16 years down the line!

Me? Well I wouldn't have had dodgy knees and lower back caused by carrying sh1te loads of weight on my back cross boggy fields in cr*p boots :)

Probably carried on in retail management. Like others on here, I also took a pay cut when I joined up.

Latest Threads