If you had your time again.............

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by vvaannmmaann, May 26, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. would you sign up? with the same regiment? what made you sign up? did you believe the recruiters?

2. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

I wouldn't be a bloody clerk thats for sure.

3. Yes and yes and yes. No recruiter - National Service Act. The yeses only if it was into the army as in 1952. I would not survive in todays set up.

4. Yes, but I would probably stay in longer and make more of it. Or go regular which would have been a better idea.

In fact anything rather than what I actually did from the age of twenty onwards would probably have been a better idea!

5. Definitely.

But this time around, I would keep my fecking head down when the mortars start dropping.

6. I definitely would be more career focused and spend less time on the piss and whoring and do 22 with all that entails - years that is, not... you know who. Yeah, the times were good, but I thought I knew it all. Of consequence I have sweet FA to show and a job that can be best described as going nowhere with zero prospects. Please tell me I'm not alone?

7. I'm ginger if that helps?

8. my only regret is making a couple of bad choices, didnt seem like bad choices at the time......however....the wrong posting at the wrong time.....still, all part of the roller coaster eh....

9. and no you`re not alone......dead end job, no prospects, they didnt tell me this on my resettlement course

10. Yes. I would have paid more attention to the recruiters and others rather than my bone fecker of a brother and NOT joined a RAC regiment and spent 6 years stagging on in various locations in BAOR. Brother by the way who spent 12 years doing the same - and told me what a great time he was / had. I would have at least tried to get into a unit who went somewhere and didnt end up covered in OMD80.

11. aaaahhhhhhhhh OMD80, a blast from the past

12. Or OEP220 if your that way inclined.

13. brings a tear to my eye. the years i spent in a 432FFR power pack....still have the odd "panzer bite" on show.......officially the coldest/hottest vehicle to "work" in.......

14. nothing different.....except I wouldn't have p**sed on my troopy cos he was asleep, only for him to come back as my OC a few years later.

15. nothing different.....except I wouldn't have p**sed on my troopy cos he was asleep, only for him to come back as my OC a few years later.