If you had your time again.............

Yes and yes and yes. No recruiter - National Service Act. The yeses only if it was into the army as in 1952. I would not survive in todays set up.

Yes, but I would probably stay in longer and make more of it. Or go regular which would have been a better idea.

In fact anything rather than what I actually did from the age of twenty onwards would probably have been a better idea!

I definitely would be more career focused and spend less time on the piss and whoring and do 22 with all that entails - years that is, not... you know who. Yeah, the times were good, but I thought I knew it all. Of consequence I have sweet FA to show and a job that can be best described as going nowhere with zero prospects. Please tell me I'm not alone?

BuckFelize said:
I definitely would be more career focused and spend less time on the urine and whoring and do 22 with all that entails - years that is, not... you know who. Yeah, the times were good, but I thought I knew it all. Of consequence I have sweet FA to show and a job that can be best described as going nowhere with zero prospects. Please tell me I'm not alone?
I'm ginger if that helps?

my only regret is making a couple of bad choices, didnt seem like bad choices at the time......however....the wrong posting at the wrong time.....still, all part of the roller coaster eh....

Yes. I would have paid more attention to the recruiters and others rather than my bone fecker of a brother and NOT joined a RAC regiment and spent 6 years stagging on in various locations in BAOR. Brother by the way who spent 12 years doing the same - and told me what a great time he was / had. I would have at least tried to get into a unit who went somewhere and didnt end up covered in OMD80.

brings a tear to my eye. the years i spent in a 432FFR power pack....still have the odd "panzer bite" on show.......officially the coldest/hottest vehicle to "work" in.......

Would have done the same except saved some money instead of being skint every monday after payday. All I got in return was a sh1tty hangover and plenty of abuse for the horrific beasts I would take to bed. Oh, and I wouldn't bed the beasts. Maybe.

Yep, all over again but as seems to be a recurring theme - save some gelt, not p!ss it up the wall every weekend. I'd also want to be posted to the same regiments, all were good sorts

Latest Threads