If you had your time again?

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by B_AND_T, Dec 3, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

If you had your time again would you be a clerk?

If not what path would you have followed.

Me, I would have stayed as a clerk but not, if I had my way, SPS. Bring back all arms clerks!!

2. To be honest, if I had started as anything apart from Guards probably would have stayed as a grunt and not drifted into the clerky world. That being said I loved being RAPC, but I was only there a year before our beloved Corps was formed. I've put up with the SPS since formation and I've had it now.

I must disagree with you about regimental clerks. Having been one I wouldn't wish it on anyone, it was the worst of both worlds. But then I'm assuming it depends on the regiment you were with.

3. Thinking about it when the AGC came to life it opened up postings that I could never have had if I stayed with my Corps. There are plus's and minuses to each side of the coin and I for one did enjoy my time in the AGC, saying that I did have some right muppets as RAO's whose only interest was looking out for themselves and did not give a damn about their Det.

4. Quite agree - becoming a regimental clerk meant you weren't getting a career, unless you escaped from the battalion and into HQ LONDIST. As an RAOC or RAPC clerk you got better postings and career chances, and that's still the case with SPS.

5. Id have been a bank robber. More street cred than SPS Clerks.

6. Probably have more job satisfaction being a bank robber, plus the pays better.

7. I'd have probably become a professional murderer and taken money for slotting BromleyBoy and Gipsy.

I'm doing "Buy one get one Free" this week, so if you've got any spare shrapnel and their addresses, pass it my way.

I think I probably would have preferred to stay WRAC. There are a few AGC(SPS) "blokes" who are a tad jealous and can be complete back-stabbing *****. Mind you, I suppose that's any Corps or Regiment.

Oh, and Gyro, FYI, reference the Dead Pool. I've never done pay, never wanted to, but if I had then, yes - that Pay Office window will be completely closed before the end of the year. Your tax will be paying for my pension. Cheers ears.

8. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

I would had like to have been a district nurses bicycle seat .

9. Like from Open all Hours? You're a glutton for punishment you.

10. If I had my time again, I would be K*v H**hes.

11. You have to find me first and make it quick. But I have heard that you have been Slotted a few times but the other party had to be either drunk or diagnosed criminally insane.