• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

If you had a time machine what knowledge would you take back to WW1?

Just for a bit of fun and in the very unlikely event a time machine took you back to the start of WW1 what 1 piece of technological knowledge would you take with you which would shorten the length of the war?

Personally I would take back some ideas for better armoured vehicle design - and naturally that would lead onto tank/ infantry co-operation tactics during naafi break card games!

The location of a certain A. Hitler and of the need to defeat the German Army on home soil.

I'd also drop the odd hint about how handing Qingdao to the Japs would only encourage them and so probably wouldn't be a good idea.

Just for a bit of fun and in the very unlikely event a time machine took you back to the start of WW1 what 1 piece of technological knowledge would you take with you which would shorten the length of the war?

Personally I would take back some ideas for better armoured vehicle design - and naturally that would lead onto tank/ infantry co-operation tactics during naafi break card games!
I would tell them not to bother going to the 1992 f.a. cup final.

udipur

LE
Book Reviewer
That Lloyd George would be the last Welshman near the levers of power, that you still can see the future Queen's norks and that we were going to consign hundreds of thousands of bored soldiers to lives of giros and banana beer.

Naturally I would be thought of as the typical bulshitting private but then I would start talking up GPMG, Chobham and APDS technology. See ya, Fritz.

Plans for the Sten gun, AK47, Hawker Hart & Hurricane, a WW2 aircraft carrier, the Swordfish, T34, PAK44, 25Pdr, BedfordRL, Penicillin (all within technological reach in short order) Radar, computer technology, nuclear weapon technology (longer term) , and a pre signed death warrant for the following:
Hitler, Lenin, Trotsky, Stalin, Lloyd George, Ghandi, Himmler, Tojo, Yamamoto, Mussolini, Goering.

And the address of Kylie Minogue's Great Granny.

Latest Threads