If you had a time machine - what historic events would you like to see?

The assassination of arch duke Ferdinand, to whisper in that fellas era- "do you REALLY realise just how much trouble you are about to cause?"

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
I would speak to his driver and ask him if he REALLY wanted to take that short cut...

DieHard

LE
Book Reviewer
Well you've come to the right place, young man :)
Crikey you are the first person to call me young man in 20 years:):):beer:

I would go back and stand outside me ma & pa's bedroom door at the time of my conception, and just as pops was about to blow, burst in the room, slap his arse and yell "Easy there fella back off". Figure that one out. Not born, so couldn't go back, then I could coz I would be born, then not........etc, ex-fukkin-cetra.........Now supposing i did that and they made out the next night instead, would I be the same person, or a completely different person ?

More to the point would I be as insane as I am now ?

G

goatrutar

So you can go anywhere and see anything but basically your plan is to go out there into the universe and live the plot of Back to the future part II?

Yes, but you missed the bit about buying a third world country.

LancePrivateJones

MIA
Book Reviewer
Well, I got the time machine working and popped back to Whitechapel in August 1888 to see if I could catch a look at Jack the Ripper.

Set up the Covert OP in Mitre Square and this bloke and a woman stopped and I heard this; "Don't worry my dear, you'll be safe with your Uncle Tropper", he then disemboweled her.

As he left he spotted me and said "How the fuck do I get back to Cardiff Boyo?"

Well, I got the time machine working and popped back to Whitechapel in August 1888 to see if I could catch a look at Jack the Ripper.

Set up the Covert OP in Mitre Square and this bloke and a woman stopped and I heard this; "Don't worry my dear, you'll be safe with your Uncle Tropper", he then disemboweled her.

As he left he spotted me and said "How the fuck do I get back to Cardiff Boyo?"
So you nicked Tropper's invention and used it against him?

Like it!

Judgekid

War Hero
I'd tell Michael Collins that going to Cork might not be a good idea nor using artillery to fire on The Four Courts.

Drugsy's family getting shot so I can tell them to do it right this time.

udipur

LE
Book Reviewer
Anything flashman was caught up in.

Anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd go to the crows nest of the Titanic to see the real reason why the lookout didn't see 1,000,000,000 (1 billion) tons of iceberg ahead.

UN Lacky

Old-Salt
Travel back to 1066 and prevent the Normans invading, then travel to 1900 to see how the 'UK' fared under a Saxon timeline. If it were crap I'd return to 1066 to ensure Harold was defeated.
Or
Travel back to mid 1700's and somehow ensure the American colonies stayed within the empire. If that had actually happened what would the world be like today?

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Travel back to 1066 and prevent the Normans invading, then travel to 1900 to see how the 'UK' fared under a Saxon timeline. If it were crap I'd return to 1066 to ensure Harold was defeated.
Or
Travel back to mid 1700's and somehow ensure the American colonies stayed within the empire. If that had actually happened what would the world be like today?
Obese.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
I'd go to the crows nest of the Titanic to see the real reason why the lookout didn't see 1,000,000,000 (1 billion) tons of iceberg ahead.
If you want to watch three minutes of an AB thrapping go to any RN wheelhouse, makes a Belfast sangar seem DNA free.

Latest Threads