If you go down to Tikrit today......

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by PartTimePongo, Jan 12, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

That link asks for a password PTP!
  2. oooooops site exceeded limits

I do have the downloaded film!
  3. Thanks to the good offices of the Bosses, we have it as a temporary download from this site.

Warning: This video is not for the easily offended. It is actual combat footage, and has been previously shown, on at least one major American News Network, in the last week.

4. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Thats war at the sharp end!

Is that 30 cal doing the damage?

Yes, the last act is questionable at the least.
  5. Questionable? Questionable? Since when has the shooting of wounded anybody been acceptable?
    It's been a while since I got down and dirty in the weeds, but who was the bloke giving the order to take him out and who was the guy with his finger on the trigger?
    In my day, you had to satisfy yourself that the target still constituted a continuing threat. Since I didn't see him with a SAM pointed at the heli, I can't see much of a threat anywhere.

George III - Best King they ever had!
  6. I presume the guy giving the order to engage was the Driver.

Allegedly , before they opened fire, they had observed one of the targets, throwing away a "tube" . So they assumed RPG or Strella , and engaged.

I think the Gunner, was not at all happy about the last target he was engaging, as he tries to walk his fire into the truck, and is told to hit the guy on the ground again.

Qman, yes, it's the 30mm chain gun that's engaging. Apparently, the Americans used the minimum force possible in the situation , or so they are quoted.

The Americans are saying it was a suspected replen operation of arms by guerrillas. If that is the case, and they were swapping arms and explosives , where were the secondaries?

Does anyone know what's come of this action to date?
  7. That's what it sounded like to me too...
    But you don't have to fire if you think it's not right. OK orders are orders, or should that be befehl ist befehl - it comes down to the integrity of the individual with his finger on the trigger.
  8. PTP, anymore of these? Regardless to the situation surrounding this sort of incident, it makes excellent viewing !
  9. as an OCdt I am in no position to say anything deep on this except that that is not what I would expect to see from a professional army. Which explains why I'm seeing it.
  10. Good Oh ATL septic-bashing.... that's the spirit... damn good video clip though, must copy that one onto the archos for much on train amusement.
  11. At the beginning of the clip the Apache fires a 1 sec burst of 30mm - but seem out of range. They then go to ‘Auto Range’

The next burst slots the guy as he walks - yes walks - from the tractor back towards the truck - at about half way through this saunter he is mincemeat. He does not seem to be taking any form of evasive action or looking for cover.

Obviously this did not occur in down town Baghdad - so presumably wherever they were it was relatively quiet.

How did the blokes on the ground A) Not hear the helicopter and B) not hear the first burst aimed in their direction.

Apart from they were either deaf or stupid (or both) can some bright spark enlighten ?
  12. This is an Islamic fundamentalist site. Providing

The video section is not for the faint hearted but does show in
    GRAPHIC detail the destructive power of modern weapon systems- MANPADS etc as well as the capabilities of IED's as used by the Mujahideen.

It also shows GRAPHIC footage of Israli operations.

I suggest some of it could be used as a very informative and realistic training aid - (nothing like seeing a 12 tonne APC jumping 6 feet into the air)aid to for Training packages for pre-deployment to any conflict.

13. Did it scare you Lucy. Did the big bullets frighten you?