If you don't like your Pl Cdr, smack him!

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by woopert, Jan 15, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

Metro today reports a soldier being arrested for attempting to murder his Pl Cdr with a pickaxe on Salisbury Plain yesterday. Scores of soldiers from the 1st Batt Queens Lancers saw the officer being battered over the head with the axe as he led training manouvres. The attack is alleged to have happened after a row between the officer and the Private. An MP arrested the man at the scene. The officer was airlifted to hospital in Salisbury suffering from serious head injuries, including one wound nearly 3 inches deep. A hospital spokesman said he was expected to make a full ercovery. Forensic experts are examining the scene of the attack.
  2. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Means, Method, Motivation, Opportunity and 30 witnesses.  

SIB will cock this one up, for sure :)
  3. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Saw the Pl Sgt smack the new Pl Cmd with an entrenching tool one time...  I believe the 2Lt had used the line "my digging in days stopped when I got these" pointing at his pip/s.
  4. Are you sure the Metro haven't got advance copies of the script for Redcaps? ;D
  5. No need for smacking if you have the right platoon sergeant.  Mine does a great line in facial expressions in reply to many of my more outstanding ideas.  Amend the old "a picture paints a thousand words" thingy to "you don't need to utter a word to speak volumes".  In particular he's got the "no sir, I don't think that's a great idea given the circumstances" one down to a tee.
    Must remember not to get on the wrong side of some of my lads after hearing this.  Especially if they've not slept in a while.  Must have really p***ed the guy off for him to take a pickaxe to him mind you!
    Regardless of whatever it may have been about, hope he makes a full recovery.  Wouldn't wish that on anyone!
  6. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

It gets better...The Sun is reporting it as a QLR soldier tw@tting a Cpl who was then flown to Southampton General. ???
  7. I saw a Para OC smack the Regimental 2ic, twice ! , in Kenya a few years back.  This was followed by court cases and huge press......  

Think part of the conversation when something like

2ic "Sgt Major ..   did you see that...  Major  xxx hit me"
  8. Bit light my old C/Sgt -

C/Sgt - Sir, come round the side of this land rover
    Me  - Ok????
    C/Sgt - smack - don't ber such a twat, sir
    Me - !!!!!!!!!
  9. And long after that fight the tanks Plt Comd got shot in Kenya  :)
  10. It has been reported it was a Pte who stuck a pickaxe into a L/Cpl both from Queens Lancashire Regiment.
    surprisingly the 17 year old Pte has been charged with attempted murder..
  11. Artic

If memory serves me right there were three injuries
    the Plt Comd and 2 NCO's
  12. According to The Sun (so it must be true) the Ex involved the Green Jackets-so presumably this lad used a pick because all the shovels had been removed due to RGJ past record in that department!!!
  13. hahahaha - best laugh i've had all day ;D ;D ;D ;D
  14. A hospital spokesman stated that the injuries were not serious as they had missed the Pl Comds brain by 2 feet. ;D
  15. yes, they appear to have hit the lance corporal instead!