If you could have any item in your 24hr ration box what would it be

M

mogwaimarshall

just thought i would get people salavating at the thought of what should be in there 24 hr ration boxes, mine would have to be spam fritters with a hint of reggae sauce inside

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Bread.

After a few days on rat packs, I would literally kill someone for a loaf of fresh bread. Imagine how nice it would be to dunk a nice crusty piece, covered in butter, into your beans and chicken sausages.

I also like those little vacuum sealed packs of olives you can get and Pepperamis, I always bury a load of those in the bottom of my bergen.

A fit woman?...........:plotting:

something edible

A biff chit excusing me exercises and operations.

Bread.

After a few days on rat packs, I would literally kill someone for a loaf of fresh bread. Imagine how nice it would be to dunk a nice crusty piece, covered in butter, into your beans and chicken sausages.

I also like those little vacuum sealed packs of olives you can get and Pepperamis, I always bury a load of those in the bottom of my bergen.
Fuck off Ravers! ;) Who dya think you're kidding!!

Yeah...When I indulge in that favourite matelot pastime of cutting about Pen Y fan for days on end -I ALWAYS insist on having items from menu selection 'B' close to hand in my bergan. I augment that with a small bottle of Worcester sauce I keep in my left breast pocket. Just next to the Bear Grylls survival handbook.

Gendit...
When we were West Africa guardship I discovered a large stash of ratpacks stowed in a little used upperdeck locker. My mess had a Jackson boiler above the sink so when on the long morning defence watches I'd nip in and fill the sink with boiling water and throw in my readymade feast of delights. Towards the end of the trip we visited South Georgia and it turned out that the Ops officer, who was an outdoorsey type had long planned to lead an exped across the glacier by Grytvyken. We anchored off and I watched the madness unfold as he and the volunteers tried to muster credible rations from what was left - mainly green boiled sweets and tea powder.

I always carried Tabasco, curry powder, garlic, plastic packs of butter like you get at service stations and smoked bacon. You'd be surprised at the number of Ruperts crawling out of the woodwork a.m. "Ah, ND, light duties the. That bacon smells good."

Biltong and Stella would have done me just fine... I can live for weeks on those two staples

Something other than sandpaper for when that four day build up eventually find its way out and thuds the bottom of that stinking portaloo.

After every exercise I always promise that next time I'm gonna take myself at least a small amount of decent bog roll, never do it.

3 grams of hash, 10 rolling papers, and a pack of cigarettes. Oh, and my own pillow from home.