If you could have any item in your 24hr ration box what would it be

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by mogwaimarshall, Apr 12, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. just thought i would get people salavating at the thought of what should be in there 24 hr ration boxes, mine would have to be spam fritters with a hint of reggae sauce inside

2. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Bread.

After a few days on rat packs, I would literally kill someone for a loaf of fresh bread. Imagine how nice it would be to dunk a nice crusty piece, covered in butter, into your beans and chicken sausages.

I also like those little vacuum sealed packs of olives you can get and Pepperamis, I always bury a load of those in the bottom of my bergen.

3. A fit woman?...........:plotting:

4. Maria Sharapova

5. simple but beautiful

6. I6 oz rump, medium rare.

7. something edible

• Like Like x 1
  8. A biff chit excusing me exercises and operations.

9. Fuck off Ravers! ;) Who dya think you're kidding!!

Yeah...When I indulge in that favourite matelot pastime of cutting about Pen Y fan for days on end -I ALWAYS insist on having items from menu selection 'B' close to hand in my bergan. I augment that with a small bottle of Worcester sauce I keep in my left breast pocket. Just next to the Bear Grylls survival handbook.

Gendit...
    When we were West Africa guardship I discovered a large stash of ratpacks stowed in a little used upperdeck locker. My mess had a Jackson boiler above the sink so when on the long morning defence watches I'd nip in and fill the sink with boiling water and throw in my readymade feast of delights. Towards the end of the trip we visited South Georgia and it turned out that the Ops officer, who was an outdoorsey type had long planned to lead an exped across the glacier by Grytvyken. We anchored off and I watched the madness unfold as he and the volunteers tried to muster credible rations from what was left - mainly green boiled sweets and tea powder.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Negligent-Discharge

Negligent-Discharge LE Book Reviewer

I always carried Tabasco, curry powder, garlic, plastic packs of butter like you get at service stations and smoked bacon. You'd be surprised at the number of Ruperts crawling out of the woodwork a.m. "Ah, ND, light duties the. That bacon smells good."

11. Some fecking cigarettes.

Failing that... some fecking whisky!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Biltong and Stella would have done me just fine... I can live for weeks on those two staples

13. Lard, to eat or rub on myself, both good.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Negligent-Discharge

Negligent-Discharge LE Book Reviewer

I do.... I have no choice thanks to TSO and her inability in the kitchen.

15. Can I come stay at yours? The Doris wants me to eat 'proper food'.

Fucking heathen.