If you could change one thing in the RLC

B

Bottleosmoke

That we cant go for commission unless we reach WO1.

Oh and that we can't "de-rust road springs" anymore!!

get rid of our 'corporate image' as the rejects last chance.
the corps has some highly skilled, highly enthusiastic, professionals. unfortunately the wider army sees
fat, unmotivated wasters that would be hard pushed to get a job in McDonald's.
which is a real shame, because, as we know without Logistics, the fighting arm doesn't go very far.

Get rid full stop and go back to the old days of RCT, RAOC and so on ;)
I would say thats quite a good idea, even if it was like the AGC having different trades in it but doing their own thing rather than the cluster **** we have now, where drivers do stackers jobs, stackers do driving jobs, chefs do stacker jobs etc.

Z

Zarathustra

get rid of our 'corporate image' as the rejects last chance.
the corps has some highly skilled, highly enthusiastic, professionals. unfortunately the wider army sees
fat, unmotivated wasters that would be hard pushed to get a job in McDonald's.
which is a real shame, because, as we know without Logistics, the fighting arm doesn't go very far.
You'll struggle, I was unfortunate enough to be part of a Transport Sqn for a couple of years, for "professional drivers" they weren't very good at driving or passing basic fitness tests.

I think most people outside of the Corps have little interaction with your various trades other than drivers and chefs.

Z

Zarathustra

Now theres a ******* shock.
It's bad when someone who was long term downgraded was flying past 18 year olds on a PFT, one 19 year old bloke ran a 15 minute PFT and he wasn't a harry chubbster either, he never passed one while he was there.

It (the RLC) will be my second choice, I have researched and researched on it and it's mostly negative feedback from those within it. The website looks great and I had contact with them in Afghanistan and they seemed ok, they certainly seemed busy!

Latest Threads