If you could change just one thing about the TA

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by msr, Dec 5, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

What would it be?

2. Id get shot of

'The Bounty Hunters' - do the minimum, get their bounty and you never see them again unitl mandatory weekends come around. very unsociable types

'The Dead Wood' - marking time til kick out pension day, the ones with a note from Matron! overly sociable types
  3. How does your pension work?

I'd never thought of that!
  4. regularization, i would stop it before everybody leaves........
  5. Shoot the back stabbing ones, then move onto the useless ones. There would only be afew of us left.
  6. I'd speed up the basic training. 12 months is way too long to maintain peoples interest. Also six months plus for security clearance is taking the pi**!
  7. The recruiting process is a bit of a nause
  8. Recruits get their numbers quicker, get all their kit first issue, remove three toed sloths that run the sotres as if it's their own kit.

Increase the limit on MTDs, Bin MATTs,
    Equipment parity with the regs.....

And rest!
  9. go back to at least two weekends a month and get rid of the people that only do the required days to get their bounty.
  10. That kind of screws over the people who can only do one weekend a month becuase of work commitments
  11. Raise the max. age to 40+ so old farts like me could have one last go at playing soldier...
    ...I'll get me coat.
  12. Introduce communication on all subjects, at all levels, between all ranks.
  13. "Bin MATTS" what do you want next no uniform, don't get called up, more paid holidays?

Sounds to me that you need to realise the army bit of the TA
  14. msr

msr LE

Am I missing the point ;) ?