If you are on facebook - Id join this group

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by bitterandtwisted, Oct 12, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Guys I have just found this group and for charity for the forces. but if its been put on before MODs please delete or link to the other thread.

Cheers, Not a WAH all in a good cause

cheers Bitter

edited to add

Nice little vid on there by the creator also, good on him if I am in blighty Ill go

Facebook forces charity show
  2. i've joined, oh and bump!
  3. Looks like a sound idea, of course, but lets be honest here- what is the likleyhood of it actually going ahead? I can see a lot of the lefty hippy mob voicing their opinions all over this, shouting about glorifying killers and the like. Once that starts, they will no doubt win over the powers that be so that they aren't 'offended'.
    As I said, I think it is a fantastic idea with potential to raise plenty of funds and awareness, so I do hope it does go ahead.
  4. Having once vowed never to click on your links again, bitterandtwisted (for fear of my computer picking up nasty STDs) ........

...... temptation keeps getting the better of me, but this one looks like a good idea. :D
  5. All in good cause..... to give you a dose of the clap :)
  6. Joined!

Good video.

7. I think if it was under the H4H or Legion banner that should keep the Hippy mob away

8. I`m a new one here so please be gentle with me :wink:

As a wife of a Soldier who is currently serving in the sandpit I joined this group on Facebook, I think it`s a great idea to gather and publicly show the support that most people actually have for our lads and lasses. It would be a real shame if this venture failed and after receiving a message from Mal (the event organiser) it appears that a few companies cannot help with sponsorship for this event. ie: Burtons, Argos, Sainsbury's, Cadbury's, Nestles, Adidas and Homebase.

I was wondering if any of you here could suggest some (sensible) companies that may be prepared to help out with sponsorship?
  9. Your best bet is to try defence contractors and other companies that depend on our business. For large commercial companies the Armed Forces is too small a sector of society for them to worry about sponsorship.
  10. Thanks for your reply Bat_Crab :D

I`ve done some browsing and have contacted Mal with the idea. I really hope they can get this venture off the ground.

Thanks again. :thumright:
  11. This is up and truly running guys here is the website where you can sign up - please pass it around to your fellow arrsers

cheers bitter

Troops live aid 2009
  12. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Done & 20 peeps invited to boot!