"If we find him ... we will make him available"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051102...fP0EG.s0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA2Z2szazkxBHNlYwN0bQ--

Omar al-Farouq was one of Osama bin Laden's top lieutenants in Southeast Asia until Indonesian authorities captured him in the summer of 2002 and turned him over to the United States.

A Pentagon official in Washington confirmed Tuesday evening that al-Farouq escaped from a U.S. detention facility in Bagram, Afghanistan, on July 10.
Capt. John B. Parker, a prosecutor, said al-Farouq and three others escaped from the Bagram detention center and have not been found.

"If we find him ... we will make him available," Parker said.
I hope it will be done. It appears that this al-Farouq is a dangerous international terrorist. But is it possible that he was simply released or secretly killed? Reason?

Driver, a reservist from the Ohio-based 377th Military Police Company, is charged with maltreatment and assault of three detainees, including one who later died, at the Bagram facility in 2002. He is accused of slamming al-Farouq against a wall.

In earlier cases of prisoner abuse in Afghanistan, the alleged victims either were dead or unidentified. Other alleged victims in Driver's case also cannot testify. One was released from custody and cannot be found, and the other has died.

Shot while trying to eascpe my, my, now theres a new one.
john
remember the lad up before the CO in Detters, Bopped both of the escourts and dive passed the boss out the 2 nd story window while Ras man stood there, jaw droped open.

E

error_unknown

I hope that the US have reinitiated the Pheonix programme. The terrists are always saying how they love death as we love life, lets give them what they desire I say. they can hardly complain when we fulfil their wishes.

Herrenbloke said:
I hope that the US have reinitiated the Pheonix programme.
Unfortunately, todays CIA is a shadow of the agency of the 60s and 70s. Clinton well and truly clipped the wings of all the US intelligence agencies, and even if the will existed within the administration to carry out state sponsored assasinations, the right sort of operators are now very rare indeed.
Secret internment facilities in the Czech Republic are one thing, but a return to the days of "wet work" is not really practicable, or politically desirable.