If true, lazy mongs

Surprised they don’t follow Spuds method, then again that would require effort....

CatsEyes

War Hero
Discounting the many claimants who are genuinely trying to find work, there are indeed many lazy mongs on benefits who know how to work the system.

Job Centre staff can have as many as 30+ interviews each day to conduct, and can have as little as 5 minutes with claimants. In that 5 minutes, they have to carry out an ID check, review job seeking activity, answer questions about the claim and obtain a signature to prove attendance, then inputting the evidence onto a computer record to generate payments. 5 minutes is barely enough to cover the absolute basics.

What this means is that the staff simply don't have the time very often to investigate individual dodgy job applications, the paperwork for which can take up to 30 minutes to complete and submit. When they do put a case to a Decision Maker, it's often one word against another and a sanction is not legally possible, so fails.

In the old days, Job Centre staff had much longer to conduct individual interviews, such as 30 minutes, and could actually do their jobs better. This could be providing help and advice to claimants, and arranging interviews with employers, or submitting the dodgy wastes of oxygen for a Sanction recommendation. The staff often take a kicking for being cruel and heartless, but in my experience, they have their hands tied with a lot of red tape. That's partly why the oxygen thieves get away with what they do.

And relax...

Discounting the many claimants who are genuinely trying to find work, there are indeed many lazy mongs on benefits who know how to work the system.

Job Centre staff can have as many as 30+ interviews each day to conduct, and can have as little as 5 minutes with claimants. In that 5 minutes, they have to carry out an ID check, review job seeking activity, answer questions about the claim and obtain a signature to prove attendance, then inputting the evidence onto a computer record to generate payments. 5 minutes is barely enough to cover the absolute basics.

What this means is that the staff simply don't have the time very often to investigate individual dodgy job applications, the paperwork for which can take up to 30 minutes to complete and submit. When they do put a case to a Decision Maker, it's often one word against another and a sanction is not legally possible, so fails.

In the old days, Job Centre staff had much longer to conduct individual interviews, such as 30 minutes, and could actually do their jobs better. This could be providing help and advice to claimants, and arranging interviews with employers, or submitting the dodgy wastes of oxygen for a Sanction recommendation. The staff often take a kicking for being cruel and heartless, but in my experience, they have their hands tied with a lot of red tape. That's partly why the oxygen thieves get away with what they do.

And relax...
True. The system makes it difficult for everyone, even genuine claimants. The usual skivers just learn how to play the game, while those actually looking for a job often fall foul of the system.

Plenty of well-meaning staff have binned the job due to the target-driven sanction culture.

Yeah as someone who works in a kitchen I can confirm we have people lining up in an orderly queue begging to work as a pot washer or any type of kitchen worker. As soon as they get told they can have the job they disappear never to be seen again

I personally don't blame them. It's a fairly recent phenomena that started about a dozen years ago where if someone is unemployed they got put under the jackboot of work providers like Ingeus / Maximus etc who are mainly exist to make life a misery for the unemployable while accepting massive handouts from the government . It's because of these work providers that there's so many time wasters clogging up the job market . At least back in the day if someone replied to a job ad they'd actually want the job

CatsEyes

War Hero
One problem that arises when the employment rate rises is that the people left on benefits are the hardest to shift. No government in their right minds (?) will ever publicly admit that some people are just un-employable, but in my opinion, some people go out of their way to make themselves exactly that.

While the benefit system is relatively generous for claimants with a simple lifestyle, they have no incentive to think of claiming off the taxpayer as the worst option, so make no effort to get away from the benefit system. As a taxpayer, I find that annoying.

Latest Threads