If the RAF Regiment were disbanded.....

All three services do a great job, it's just a shame they act as individuals and which prevents money being spent in the right order of prioritys which leads to the loss of lifes.

Lets face it the price tag of a living surviver is only £280,000 as far as this goverment is concerned

jaybee2786 said:
All three services do a great job, it's just a shame they act as individuals and which prevents money being spent in the right order of prioritys which leads to the loss of lifes.

Lets face it the price tag of a living surviver is only £280,000 as far as this goverment is concerned
Good point,to expand on this I think anyone from liar-bore reading this must be loving it.The old tactic of 'divide and rule' (one they have used for a long time) is still getting as many bites as it always did.

In 1982 the BRITISH ARMED FORCES'S sailed down to the FALKLANDS and sailed back as BROTHERS IN ARMS.
We are what we are because of who we are take us on at your own peril. God bless all serving and ex-serving members and welcome to the real world we are our countrys finest

Bad_Crow said:
blobmeister said:
One question? i still don't understand the concept of wanting to be an Infantier, I think i'll join the....................RAF Regt? However if "RAF SAS" were disbanded then who else will act like overated fashion queens around the worlds airfields?
The RAF Police. Its an AIrforce role that will never be handed over to the army because we look too scruffy and the Marines are too busy acting like cross dressers!
And What, pray, is wrong with that?

I think the RAF regiment are too modest. I think theatres of war at the moment demand all frontline forces have a certain (I think high) level of infantry skill. The burden to other forces if RAF regt was disbanded would be ridiculous. (I know that is not the purpose of the thread being started but just thought I'd mention it.)

As a side issue, the flip side is I think in terms of skills, RAF should be proudly saying, our rock apes could step into army infantry battalions if there was ever such a need for reinforcements.

If the RAF regiment go out and patrol ground, engage an enemy and secure that ground, it makes no odds whether there is british air base nearby or not and whether the purpose in mind is to pro-actively prevent that airbase coming under attack or not....it still means that british (RAF)infantrymen are hunting our enemies, engaging them and denying them territory.....and what they do still relies on effective soldiering skills.

brothers in arms......... yes true to an extent that gets stronger with passing time. However didnt stop the marines and Paras fighting like fcuk on the way back.......

oldbooty said:
Bad_Crow said:
blobmeister said:
One question? i still don't understand the concept of wanting to be an Infantier, I think i'll join the....................RAF Regt? However if "RAF SAS" were disbanded then who else will act like overated fashion queens around the worlds airfields?
The RAF Police. Its an AIrforce role that will never be handed over to the army because we look too scruffy and the Marines are too busy acting like cross dressers!
Nothing. However do you really think that the EFI girls will think your a nails member of an elite patrol group with a Skirt from Miss Sixty on and a boob tube?

if its a troop run ashore and you cant score dressed like a cross dressing extra from "nuns on the run" then its time for house doubles!

oldbooty said:
brothers in arms......... yes true to an extent that gets stronger with passing time. However didnt stop the marines and Paras fighting like fcuk on the way back.......
Very true.
But is that not typical british thing we can call one another wan_kers but dare any johnny foreigner do it (nice thought but far from true you are all fcuking wan_kers)

oldbooty said:
Bad_Crow said:
blobmeister said:
Nothing in my book,my old man (an ex para) would often be seen knocking around the shot in nothing but a vinyl trim chemise,fur coat and dessies.My old Flt also made the local papers in the peek dis by stroming the local town as 'the most unlikely trannies ever to walk the earth'.Guess it comes down to how secure a person is within themselvs :wink:

ugly

LE
In late 1944 this happened in a big way. Lots of UK based airfield defence Squadrons were disbanded, I read a history of the 7th Armd Div and the Irish Gds had to train a load of them as we were so short of infantry and tank crews post Normandy that we had no choice. Guess what the Rocks were not happy chappies!
I'm not sure what the outcome was but the book I read was a while ago and I'm sure if the RAF Regt history was checked it would be found!
Admittedly there was little chance of invasion by 1944, the Home Gd were about to be disbanded and the stations were looked after by RAFP.

ugly said:
In late 1944 this happened in a big way. Lots of UK based airfield defence Squadrons were disbanded, I read a history of the 7th Armd Div and the Irish Gds had to train a load of them as we were so short of infantry and tank crews post Normandy that we had no choice. Guess what the Rocks were not happy chappies!
I'm not sure what the outcome was but the book I read was a while ago and I'm sure if the RAF Regt history was checked it would be found!
Admittedly there was little chance of invasion by 1944, the Home Gd were about to be disbanded and the stations were looked after by RAFP.
The RAF Regiment transferred 2000 men over to the Army in 1944. The most (in)famous transfer was 400 Rockapes to the 2nd Bn, Scots Guards. The transition wasn't a happy one at first, with the Rocks feeling hard done by [they lost pay and rank], and the SG's thinking they were assimilating mere "aerodrome guards". Much of the success of the Bn in North West Europe was attributed to the fighting qualities of the RAF Regt Gunners that made up the greater part of the Bn.

Here endeth the (history) lesson - blame ugly, he started it!! :lol:

ugly

LE
The unit 7th Armd was worn out, it had fought through Africa and Italy and Monty wanted them to fight through france as well. It wasnt just the enforced dress regs of no cords and jerseys but the fact that they had foughtlong and hard and needed a rest. One observer of them in Normandy claimed they were fought out!
Yes thanks dave the ape, I knew someone would find out!

I can understand that but concidering that the RAF REGIMENT was formed in 1942 and manned by the ARMY on get out of jail free cards, and then for some units to be disbanded only two years later and then to be retrained by the ARMY due to shortage of infantry and tank crews post Normandy i would imagine most of the training staff would have been EX army or still being trained by ARMY standards.
(and thats not a dig at the ARMY)

Of course never forget that the RAF Regt was founded using some gingers and other assorted 'guins as well.

Also the spiritual forefathers of all rocks are a bunch of 'guins in Rolls Royce armoured cars.

;)

Thanks for all your inputs, I knew this would bring out the usual crab bashing but its also brought out some more intelligent and well thought-out responses too.

TheHelpfulStacker said:
Of course never forget that the RAF Regt was founded using some gingers and other assorted 'guins as well.

Also the spiritual forefathers of all rocks are a bunch of 'guins in Rolls Royce armoured cars.

;)

Thanks for all your inputs, I knew this would bring out the usual crab bashing but its also brought out some more intelligent and well thought-out responses too.
And before someone else says it "so there roll has not changed you can still find there armoured cars parked out side the naafi" today.

jaybee2786 said:
TheHelpfulStacker said:

;)

And before someone else says it "so there roll has not changed you can still find there armoured cars parked out side the naafi" today.
And the EFI.... don't forget the EFI...... :lol:

Hey you need RAF Regt outside the Pizza Hut in Basrah for public order duties in case any of the more 'rotund' gingers find out they've run out of fat boy sized pizzas.

;)