If the Communists had invaded

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Agent_Smith, Feb 21, 2005.

?
  1. Raise the red flag to welcome your proletarian brothers

2.3%
  2. sabotage the british army for the motherland

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. fight those bastard reds on the beaches

12.5%
  4. take to the hills and start guerrilla warfare agaisnst the invaders

43.2%
  5. hold a silent vigil in protest at soviet aggression

1.1%
  6. balme the spams

4.5%
  7. form a militia and declare an autonomous zone of ARRSE

12.5%
  8. nothing, the soviets nuked you on the way in

22.7%
  9. something else

1.1%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Our new 'pals' over at urban 75 are having a poll on what we wuld do if the commies had invaded in the 60's.
    There results are interesting (if almost predicatble), so i thouhgt it might be interesting to see what the members on here thought

And for our resident U75 monitors, this is not an invite for members to invade your forums, merely to highlight one of you current issues so that we can contrast views.

regards

A_S

PS, i couldnt include all of the options as arrse only allows about 7or8.
    They included

Raise the red flag to welcome your proletarian brothers
    sabotage the british army for the motherland
    fight those bastard reds on the beaches
    join the raf, 'cause dogfighting looks glam in the movies
    emigrate to the states
    take to the hills and start guerrilla warfare agaisnst the fatherless
    hold a silent vigil in protest at soviet aggression
    hold a silent vigil in protest at british aggression
    accuse the americans of starting it
    form a militia and declare bristol an autonomous zone
    nothing, the soviets nuked you on the way in
    something else

2. Shades of 'Life of Brian,' crib scene "what exactly is a balm anyway?"

3. I wasn't even a gleam in my dad's eyes at the time...

Hence the something else.

Otherwise i'd probably have been nuked or fight them on the beaches.

4. I'd 'balme' the SPAMs, but it sounds a bit gay, so I'll raise the red flag over Rotherhamgrad in :

The People's Republic of South Yorkshire!

Eh oop!

5. Sorry, fat fingers! 8O

For balme the spams, read blame the spams! :D

6. I would have fought them, but as we'd have been very probably nuked I'd probably would have ended up as a very minor component of the resultant massive belts of fall-out.

However the buggers would have been nuked back as some of our V-bombers would have got through and dropped large buckets of instant sunshine on Moscow, Kiev,Omsk and Minsk etc

7. Unfortunately, I suspect that many U75'ers see "Defence of the realm" as the ONLY reason for the existence of HM Forces. That being the case, as the USSR/Warsaw Pact is no longer a threat, we should all be de-mobbed, and our swords beaten into ploughshares.
    It demonstrates the general lack of political savvy on that forum, as the risk of a Soviet attack was highest in the eighties, not in the sixties.

8. Well, I was brought up very close to Menwith Hill, so presumably I disappeared in a burst of SS20 induced heat and light on day 1 - if the airburst missile don't get you then the Su-24 Fencer-delivered ground burst will! Oh yeah, and I'd probably have found time to blame the spams between the warning and the big flash. It's their phone tapping centre after all.

9. I'm glad to see that most of us are heading for the hills. Does anyone know where any of those cold-war "Auxiliary" caches are? :D

10. One thing is for sure the chaps on U75 would all have been sent on long holidays to Siberia. One thing the commies don't like is other commies.

11. In the 60,s I would have probably been evaporated by a dose of instant sunshine being poured over the NATO facility by my family home.I later saw the soviet satelite pictures and target data (wow-I can see my house on that!!!)

12. Can't I form a militia and blame the spams? :?

13. Alright which nobhead voted for

Raise the red flag to welcome your proletarian brothers.

Someone did. Own up who wasit? We wont harm you, merely hand you over to the new communist branch of arrse (see big jock and fridgemagnet for details :twisted: )

A_S

15. i think you will find that most british communist at the time would have fought the Russians, as they are British first and communist second.
    my uncle was a communist and has served in the army with distinction. that would have been his view.