if the Armys broke....

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by MrTracey, Dec 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If we have to close an RAF station to pay for helicopters that we needed years ago that won't arrive until after we are supposed to have left the operation that they are intended for...what hope any of us in the military?

More cuts to come methinks.

I'm hearing of some really tough choices....

C1 anyone?

2. The bizarre bit was the budget cuts:

Navy 1%
    RAF 1%
    Army 5%!

Great thing qulifications

3. To quote one of my all time hero's...

'I have a bad feeling about this.....'

4. Yes but even his ship could do with a brush up!

5. Aw cmon guys. All those diversity post in the MOD. Bye. All those cushy MOD media gumppf jobs ....bye.
    All those dodgy sustainability jobs in the MOD..bye. Lets trim this fecking mess back down to a war fighting capability. If you aint in green - get fecking back in the real world, and on the dole.

6. True but look at the lunchtime trade all the pubs would lose when the pencil necks get a real job!

7. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

As an ex-Whitehall Warrior, I couldn't agree more. Apart from the "green" bit :wink:

Too much "tail" on non-essential issues. A sodding great "empire" achieving bu66er all meaningful. How big is the PR empire?

8. This is nothing new guys. When I served, the then government were banging their gums about XBn£s on this, that and another peice of high tech kit for the RAF or RN, but we weren't allowed to exchange boots or socks.

The army will always be at the bottom of the pile. Makes me puke.

And don't get me started on crab air. 'I'm dead brainy and my trades better than your trade' bollox. I'll stop there before I get on the soap box.

9. Isn't this what John Knott did just before we had to invade the Falklands?

10. RLC TA will be raped come the cuts.

11. msr

msr LE

Why? Are they not contributing to ops?

msr

12. He had the balls to offer his resignation, turned down he did at least stand down the following year. At least he served with the The Sirmoor Rifles.

13. Did the Harrier force not contribute to Ops?Hasn't stopped Cottesmore getting the chop!

14. Things may not be quite as bad as people think. Don't forget that this man:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Lancaster

Mark Lancaster is a TA Officer, has served in Afghanistan and is on the Conservatives front bench alongside David Cameron. In other words, the only part of the armed forces to have the ear of (in all probablility) the next Prime Minister is a serving TA officer.

15. msr

msr LE