If Queen ever decide to do a proper job of reforming, I propose Mika as lead singer.

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by TamH70, Jul 19, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The guy has class, attitude, and is as camp as a row of Boy Scout tents. He is also a damned good singer.
    Any backing? Or other recommendations?

Floor be open.

2. Queen should not reform. I seriously doubt that it would be anything but a disappointment. I would love to be proven wrong though.
  3. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I went to the launch party of the new Fiat 500 a couple of years back and Mika was playing.

Not really my cup of tea but his range was great, I was impressed.

I could see him fronting Queen, that would be cool.

Alternatively they could do what Journey did and train a small Philippino boy to sound exactly like their old singer.

Arnel Pineda - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  4. Queen never split up so they can't reform as they are already formed. Freddie Mercury died of AIDS. Queen say they can't replace him and have been performing as Queen with Paul Rogers (of Free / Bad Company fame). They use recordings of Freddie in the show.

having Mika would be an impersonation and Brian, John and Roger would not have it.
  5. Paul Rogers cant hold a candle to Mika. I have heard enough of the material did with him and the two members of the band who want to play on to know this. As for Mika filling the boots of Freddie, I really don't think it would be an impersonation, more being something as good if not better than Freddie. The man's stage presence is undeniable.

6. Admit it Tam: you fancy Mika.

Queen: do you realise how old the surviving members are now? It would look creepy having 2 or 3 old men with a young boy on stage.
  7. Queen died with Mercury. Bury it.
  8. Heard somebody mention Bruce Forsythe's applying for the job! Anyone else had a heads-up on that?
  9. "Queen died with Mercury. Bury it."

Then I must not have bought the Greatest Hits Volumes One and Two albums, or seen a few others that came out post-Freddie?
    I am not alone, millions of others have bought the groups records since his death, hell, even kids who weren't even born before then have lapped up the albums.

And a lot of us are pining for a decent reunion-style tour. Sod Paul Rogers, I am sure he is adequate in his day job with Bad Company/Free, but he isn't the right guy for the front man role in one of the most iconic rock bands of all time.
    Mika could be.

And no, Dread, I do not fancy him. Bit too skinny for my tastes, and since having seen his choice of boxer undies in the video for
    "We are Golden", I couldnae go oot wi' someane wi' a wurse fashion sense than mine.
    I do think he is a damned good singer.

10. On a scale of 1-7 just how gay are you?

I'd rather see Dave Lee Travis play Macbeth or Kernowpuss and Bootiful sing "Puppy Love" to me.

You are not all there are you?
  11. Didn't mention the great DLT,diddums, did I?. Stick your dummy back in and read some of my earlier posts if you really want answers to that question.

12. Diddums? Dummy? Reading earlier posts?

That's me put in my place then.

I apologise for anything that may have caused offence, that I typed on the internet, and the Army Rumour Service website that upset you.

You big girl.
  13. Apology accepted. :cool:

14. You are still a lezzer, and gay, and Mika? Give your head a wobble.

I will admit to having a ginger dog, but the only thing I would use a Mika CD for is a coaster - just like Coldplay. They're shite.

Oh and you are Scottish, so there is just no reasoning with you.

I bet you wear your mam's dresses and touch yourself as well, and you are ginger.
  15. As I said, diddums.