If only there was a convertible version..

http://money.cnn.com/2014/07/02/autos/dodge-challenger-hellcat/index.html?hpt=hp_t4

707 Horses, 650 ft/lbs of torque. That's a tad more gee-gees than a Lamborghini Aventador, and a whole bath of torque more.

20 horses shy of a McLaren P1.

You could add the power output of a Ferrari 548 and three basic Porsche 356s and still not get there.

Price is expected to be $55,000 (GBP 32K or so). For comparison, a BMW M6 costs $108,000, but gives away 150HP and similar torque.

There's talk of a Hellcat HEMI engined RAM truck. That would be veeeerrryy tempting.

Not so strangely, it looks like any other US 'muscle' car.

I see the US still don't do orginality. Must have learned hard from Porsche

you don't even need a corner with some muscle cars

skip to 45 seconds

American cars do tend to look rather shite.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
Beauty however is in the eye of the beerholder, and I think you'll find that in general, the buyers of Challenger Hellcats couldn't give a fook what you think it looks like :)

It's not as if Dodge will be targeting Europe as a fertile sales market for muscle cars, now is it?

Will the hubcaps fly off as they do in every yank high speed cornering shot on film? can you fit a towbar? can you get a diesel version? these are important questions if I'm to buy one, yall have a nice day.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Beauty however is in the eye of the beerholder, and I think you'll find that in general, the buyers of Challenger Hellcats couldn't give a fook what you think it looks like :)

It's not as if Dodge will be targeting Europe as a fertile sales market for muscle cars, now is it?
They clearly don't care themselves what it looks like.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Mr-D

War Hero
Having just sold a white 2012 SRT Challenge that was bought on a whim, I do have some reservations about the Hellcat with an extra 230 ish BHP.
The car was to big to be fun so no matter what they've done to chassis the physical bulk of the thing will be determining factor in the driving experience.
The look thing is odd, I've not driven much else that has the same effect on people wanting to take pictures, parked in Liverpool on a Saturday afternoon and there is at least a dozen pics of it on instagram and twitter.
Personally for me though a ZL1 is a much much better car albeit it £25k more

Will the hubcaps fly off as they do in every yank high speed cornering shot on film? can you fit a towbar? can you get a diesel version? these are important questions if I'm to buy one, yall have a nice day.
Diesel? Fook no. Gasoline is cheap as chips in the target market, why would anyone want to put a tractor motor in a muscle car? Yes you can put a hitch on it, it seems. I doubt the Hellcat will have steel wheels, but I guess you can swap out the 22s for some steelies.

It's fine until you come across some bland looking Japanese box, less than half the engine size, with four doors and a boot. That costs about the same.

Then politely hands your Hellcats ass to you on a plate.

It's no good having 700+ bhp, if you can't put the power down on the road.

It's fine until you come across some bland looking Japanese box, less than half the engine size, with four doors and a boot. That costs about the same.

Then politely hands your Hellcats ass to you on a plate.

It's no good having 700+ bhp, if you can't put the power down on the road.
Ass on a plate? I think not, although it very much depends on the battleground.

The car pictured, and a Challenger SRT-8 have about the same standing quarter mile times. The standing quarter mile is the be-all and end all for muscle cars. The Hellcat is about 35% more powerful than the SRT-8, so I would expect the driver to have lit a cigar by the time the Jap wheezes across the line.

However, the Jap will likely beat the Challenger on a winding road. So as I say, horses for courses.

Latest Threads