If Nazi Germany had won WWII

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by 123, Nov 15, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 123

123 LE

Lampooning what would have become of the world is acceptable, welcome even. But in a serious element, lets speculate on what Europe or the world might be like today if the Nazis had won WWII.

For starters, the Cold War as we know it wouldn't have happened. Capitalism wouldn't have flourished as it has. Subversive media wouldn't exist. Tabloids wouldn't exist. Would general health be better than it is today? Would medical science be more advanced and more honest? Would Concentration camps still exist? Would Europe be a more successful version of the current EU? Assuming Jews had been annihilated, is it likely that another race would then be persecuted in lieu of them? Would there have been continuing pockets of violent rebellion all over Europe, and would it have been a coordinated effort? Would the Internet exist? Would quality of life be better or poorer? Would an opposing and exact ideology have formed to challenge Nazism?

State whether you think it would be Better or Worse before laying out your thoughts.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Better-No Jehovah's Witnesses at your door
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Worse, definitely worse. Goose stepping in a kilt would not be a good idea.
    • Like Like x 9
  4. The Kennedy's would have ended up as Presidents-For-Life of the USA
  5. I was once given some Anti Nazi League leaflets. They said that under the Nazis, there would be:

No dance music.
    No cricket.
    No Hollyoakes or Eastenders.

I suspect that the person who designed the leaflets was secretly working for the Nazis.
    • Like Like x 5
  6. [​IMG]

Someone thunked that before as well!!
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Sorry but why ask better or worse? Worse or Worse would be more apt. Why? Well I wouldn't be here as the bastards would have finished off all my relative's in the Reich wide 'special treatment' resettlement program for Ethnic minorities.

Fatherland by Mr Harris anyone?
    • Like Like x 1
  8. We would be living in a better world.******* seig heil.
  9. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

But they did not. We fucked them right up the jaxie and we'll do it again if the boxhead ***** start.

Is this a project for school?
    • Like Like x 9
  10. It depends on who you are as to whether your perspective is better or not.

I dare say if you were the slightest bit Aryan looking, life would be pretty cushty.
    If on the other hand you lived in a caravan and sold clothes pegs and lucky heather, life might have taken a turn for the worse.
    • Like Like x 6
  11. Off the top of my head head, I can think of at least 5 well researched books written as 'Faction' re this, and I suspect a good few on here have read some of them.

.....and you want to start a thread about it?

I predict that any intelligent opinions will be swallowed up under the usual avalance of immature, subjective, right wing gibberish....ending up with 'how good it would have been for Britain' or words to that effect.

My own veiw is that if we hadn't have invaded and had left Europe to fester under Nazi control, then it would have only been a matter of time until the petty jealousies of their leadership caused self destruction and Rebellion...a bit like the fall of the Iron curtain maybe?
    • Like Like x 1
  12. SS GB by Len Deighton gives an interesting what-if.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Aye&******* half-a-scargill would of been nicked,bolshie ****.
    • Like Like x 3
  14. When the Nazis came for the communists,
    I remained silent;
    I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,
    I remained silent;
    I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
    I did not speak out;
    I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,
    I remained silent;
    I wasn't a Jew.

When they came for me,
    there was no one left to speak out.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
    • Like Like x 4
  15. Ash heap (literally) Of history for this pair
    • Like Like x 6