If I wanted loonies in government, I'd have voted Labour

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Then just use confirmed Covid cases only.
They are using confirmed cases but not data from death certificates. I expect they’re using data as decided by consensus of experts.
coroners courts can take a long time, there’s community, hospital, hospice and care home deaths. Anyway this is data they’re using and there’s going to be some flaws. I expect it’ll take some years to analyse all the deaths from certificates.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
They are using confirmed cases but not data from death certificates. I expect they’re using data as decided by consensus of experts.
coroners courts can take a long time, there’s community, hospital, hospice and care home deaths. Anyway this is data they’re using and there’s going to be some flaws. I expect it’ll take some years to analyse all the deaths from certificates.
Any death that has had a confirmed positive test in the last 28 days is not necessarily a Covid death.

True but nurses are just part of the team.
In order to balance the books, your country is going to have to make cuts in some areas. Foreign aid was a start. The welfare state will have to absorb some cuts as well.
The welfare budget will have to be slashed by 3o% at the very least.
It's an absolute pi55 take at the current levels.

I think basically the Tories were the best of a bad bunch.
An extremely bad bunch.
The country needs the sensible politicians which all parties have, to band together and form a new party, the three we currently have are no longer fit for purpose.

Not poverty, just government cutting the fat on unnecessary bullsh*t.
We've had 10 years of it. It tends to hurt the wrong people as well,

The government cut the unnecessary bullshit of 20K plod.....lots of fat gone there. Had no effect on the crime rate, the stats said so...

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
I think basically the Tories were the best of a bad bunch.
An extremely bad bunch.
The country needs the sensible politicians which all parties have, to band together and form a new party, the three we currently have are no longer fit for purpose.
New party, never works.

New party, never works.
Something needs to change, the current crop of politicos are treating the citizens of this country with disdain, which is nothing new, but now they're not even pretending that they give a f**k about the electorate.

A recent report that has made my blood boil is organised criminal gangs taking advantage of the Chancellor’s largesse and ripping the Government off to the tune of £3-4Bn. By all means slash or remove the Overseas Aid (about bloody time!), but ffs, get a grip of all these Foreign gangs who seem to find it very easy to rip us off. Stop treating them with kid gloves and come down bloody hard on them - including deportation back to the shitholes they have come from.

Any death that has had a confirmed positive test in the last 28 days is not necessarily a Covid death.

I'm not sure why you’re finding this so hard to grasp. It's not always the immediate thing that kills someone that's the important factor in the death. The underlying cause of death is key.

To give an example from my work recently, a patient with leukaemia didn’t respond to treatment. Ultimately they got an infection (because they had no white blood cells) and died. What do you think should go on the death certificate? Is this an infection death or a leukaemia death? (it's leukaemia)

Or from the example of someone getting hit by a bus. No other factors, then fine, death by bus. Someone wandering along full of COVID keels over, unconscious, off the pavement and gets run over? That's a COVID death.

Ultimately, at the moment, the question is less important. Thousands more people are dying this year than in previous years. What are they dying from?

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Any way some good news.

i might watch a bit of Sky news again, hope she has appeared on the telly for the last time.

Back to politics, if this lot are bad imagine the red lot. See its not all bad.

After banning alcohol in pubs and restaurants, the Labour administration in Wales is considering banning the sale of alcohol in supermarkets and office licenses next

Hold my beer, the temperance society are in charge the cuffing loonies

After banning alcohol in pubs and restaurants, the Labour administration in Wales is considering banning the sale of alcohol in supermarkets and office licenses next

Hold my beer, the temperance society are in charge the cuffing loonies
are they the Welsh offshoot of the "Wee Frees"?

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
It's the hospitals killing them ;)
In the case of two of my friend's fathers, I suspect so.

Both had an underlying condition - the same condition in fact, both were on dialysis. Both had been isolating at home until dialysis issues meant that they had to go into hospital. Both were released home, and then showed signs of Covid. Both went back into hospital and died there of Covid-relates issues.

In both cases it was the same hospital.

Latest Threads