If I join the army do I get to keep my kit ???

Discussion in 'ACF' started by Stelfox, Mar 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just a question that's been playing on my mind (the answers probably no) but I think it would save them the hassle

2. some of it

3. Isn't it your detachment's kit? I'd assume you won't be able to keep any more than you would normally upon leaving the ACF into normal life.

4. Kit that you were issued by your detachment? No. You're supposed to hand it all back in (they probably won't check it though, and having spare stuff is generally useful).

The Army will issue you all your kit on joining, and they're in the process of changing it all soon any way.

5. Yes,

In fact it's best to turn up wearing it when you report for your basic training: that way they'll know there's not much more they can teach you 'n they'll give you an easier time.

• Like Like x 1
  6. You may even find yourself in the fortunate position of outranking some of your training staff. Don't hesitate to point this fact out to them.

• Like Like x 1
  7. And don't forget to remind instructors at your new depot that one of your old AI's used to be a Sergeant in them and if he says it's right, it's right. You may as well point out that you've complete your half star training and have a pass in .22 shooting from 20m.

8. Ha ha ha think I'll do that lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.