If I dont vote "They" will Disfranchise me?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by old_bloke, Oct 4, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just been informed that if I don't register for voting back in the UK "they" (Who the fcuk are they) will disfranchise me.

Can "they" (Who ever the fcuk thay are ) fuckingg do that?

I mean is this for real ?
  2. I can think of two possibilities. It's either the same 'they' in the house insurance advert. In this case the worst than can happen is that the grey-jumpered ones will increase your renewal quote and excess.

The other option is that 'they' is actually THEM. I don't fancy getting disenfranchised by THEM. THEY might have been recruited as the new armed anti-terror police, and your refusal to register to vote could see you done under S44 of the Terrorism Act as being likely to offend Tony's Cronies, who have worked hard and selflessly to allow you to vote next time (sic).

Is it worth the risk?
  3. I have seen it argued that if overseas voters don't register in sufficient numbers, that could be used as an argument for reducing their electoral entitlement in the future. Apparently, low registration was cited as a reason for the max period since leaving UK being reduced under the present Govt from 20 to 15 years.
  4. logical thinking by the cruds in power at the moment to lower the voting 'right' of brits living overseas to 15 years as most are not Liabor voters. Same reason there was an honest [honest!] cockup with the forces voting in the last general election.
  5. of course you`ll be disfranchised they already know you don`t vote for "them". 8O
    By the way did anyone see "the mail on sunday".2 interesting articles,"600 innocent people detained under Anti Terrorism Act during Labour Conference"and"Britain`s largest firms looking at only employing people possessing the "voluntary i.d. card". :evil:
    Its begining to look like 1 country for "citizens" and 1 for the rest of us.
    A bit like Starship Troopers,but i`ll be fcuked if I`m getting drafted for a bug hunt :lol: :lol: :lol: