If Given The Offer, Would You?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Rocketeer, Jun 18, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Definatly a yes! Who wouldn't want to shoot a murdering prick (and he's a yank so bonus)
  2. I don't agree with capital punishment and would not volunteer for the task. ..... were I ordered to do it I suppose I would man up and get on with it but don't think thats very likely in this day and age.

3. I would break guidelines and go for a head shot.
  4. I'd take my own ammo - in case they gave me the blank.
  5. It would give me a semi on TBH.
  6. Surely the one with the blank round would have realised?
  7. Yeh, but if he keeps schtum, then they can't prove which person fired it, so you can't say any one person was the cause of death as there is the element of uncertainty.
  8. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

It was a wax round so would still have a recoil. However, the firer could possibly have noticed the difference.
  9. They use Winchester 94 with .30-30 Winchester ammo. Lighter recoil than .30-06, .303, or 7.62 rounds.

In case anyone across the pond is wondering why only Utah; Utah is the only state with a Mormon majority. It apparently was once part of Mormon theology that one could only atone for a sin involving shedding blood by shedding blood oneself. Apparently the Mormons abandoned that doctrine but the provisions remained in Utah law.
  10. Before they abolished legal Execution in UK the Gov did a review and said Hanging was the most effective way.
    In his biography Pirrepoint said he entered the condemned cell at 09.00 and before Big Ben Had stopped chiming 9 the condemmed was dangling on the rope.

11. I've never understood why only 1 rifle is loaded with blank, surely there should be 4 blank and 1 ball
  12. Alternatively, you could demonstrate ze "Famous English Sense of Humour" and opt for 5 blanks...
  13. Yes it must be difficult for you to understand.
  14. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Would I opt for the bullet instead of an injection? Damn right I would!