If Facebook is worth $104 billion how much is ARRSE worth?

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by bokkatankie, May 18, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Still no initial trade, NASDAQ having a bad launch protocol!

What is ARRSE worth if Facebook is worth $104 billion?

2. I'll give you eight quid for it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. According to an 'expert' on the news last night, Facebook's value is in its membership. I think that means its advertising catchment. If that is true then you have to make up your own mind about arrse.

4. Trading opened at last, up from $38 to $42, only 10% up not that impressinve, that is until you remember it was massively over valued to begin with!

It should be remembered that people on ARRSE are quite cerebral compared to FACEACHE.

5. Ill give you £40 , 2 lemonade bottles and a big box full of razzles and fiestas for arrse

6. How old are the mags?

7. They are of an 80s vintage, good condition with very little collateral damage to the pages of the manfat variety

8. ARRSE is as worth as you all put in.

Did that make sense?

• Like Like x 1

9. I hate it when you make sense!

10. Soggy4978

Soggy4978 Old-Salt Book Reviewer

No. Did you mean to say something along the lines of "the value of ARRSE as a brand is commensurate to the input of it's membership."?

Come to think of it, I'm not sure that makes sense either.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I assume Faceache's shares will be down to about £1 in about a year and a whole lot of people who bought them for $42 will be living under bridges, as is traditional with shares in internet companies?

12. How can a company that doesn't make anything and if the users stopped logging in, would fold be worth 104 billion dollars.
    Buyer beware, comes to mind

CG

13. Do you put up those management motivational posters in your workplace. You know the ones, 'The longest journies began with a small step', 'Work harder, you peasants' and 'Arbeit macht Frei'

• Like Like x 1
  14. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

ARRSE? Well, it seems to have kept a relatively steady audience, and for a few years now, so it's probably worth a fair bit. Whether there is enough income to keep more than two or three people in gainful employment is another matter.

As for Facebook, anyone remember MySpace? BeBo? Hmmm, buy low, sell damn quick indeed.