If England and the Ashes.....

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Ventress, Sep 11, 2005.

?
  1. Ashes?

21.7%
  2. Maybe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Its only a tiny urn, get out more.

17.4%
  4. Obviously, it was good enough for the egg chasers

60.9%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Do they deserve a parade around London?

I reckon they do, as 18 years is a sod of a long time to be belittled by Aussies!

2. Nah, at the end of the day it's a country of convicts, mullets and trainee barmen. We should just give them a gentle pat on the back for finally getting their act together.

3. yes parade to rub the aussies nose in but lets wait till weve won it aint set in stone yet (wish it was though)

4. for winning a game of rounders?

5. All I can say is that the SPORTSMANSHIP of our local Ausies has been disgusting, far worse then when England won the rugger cup.
    No wonder we export this crew.
    john

6. for winning a game of rounders?

ditto

7. Not all Aussies give a toss about sport but most do. Of those, most are pretty good sports and are very critical of our own sportsmens crass behaviour. However all are very unforgiving and do not like losing which is why they perform so well at so many sports. What ever whinging you are getting from Aussie abroad it is nothing compared to the shite the team will get on return to Aus.

England played exceptionally well and best of luck to them. Personally I'm glad because so many game Australia have had over the past 10 odd years were crap to watch being so one sided. So give your lads a rip arounf Trafalger Square and enjoy it while it lasts.

8. I presume you mean "If England WIN the Ashes......"

Yes, absolutely, a fine gentleman's game, that is finally gripping the nation's attention.

A parade would be only be fitting, right and proper. :D

9. Treason!

10. I think that both teams should parade the ashes as they have played great cricket with good sportsmanship.

11. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Now that Chaps is the true essence of cricket. Here here.

12. Lets wait till we've won it. Two wickets in two balls and the aussies are right back in this game.

13. Lets wait until we've won it? ........

Surely you mean 'lets wait until we've snatched defeat from the jaws of victory and then moan and whinge like feck for the next two years or more while the Aussies crow like the tw@ts they truely are!!!!' :D :D :D

14. Petersen is swinging the willow like Conan. "It was a time for Heroes" . Strauss on the other hand oh dear.

Still , Bell was successful in his quest to find the fabled Channel 9 Golden Duck :(

15. Pietersen might well have saved the day. Somehow the gods might be on his side, he has been dropped three times!