If children ruled the world....

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by BaldricksBullet, Oct 3, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It worries me to think that... there would be no starving people, that they'd probably hand out $1000 for each AK47 handed in, soldiers would be home for Christmas, and that medical treatment would be a right.

On the other hand, there would probably be free candy everywhere :D ... so what do you say? Out with the politicians who act like 3-7 yr olds (it's mine) and in with a few 13-17 yr olds. i dread to think what clever laws they could come up with.

2. Ah, but 13-16 year olds aren't called children anymore, they're 'Young Adults'.

It was apparently a breach of their human rights to imply that just because they were too young to comprehend the full extent of cause-and-effect that they were somehow unsuited to make decisions of long-term importance.

Whereas politicians are just too lazy/stupid/venal/all of the above to do it.

3. I was thinking that when I saw the Title, even the Cadets when left to their own devices reverts to Lord of the Flies mode, if there is no Adult guidance or senior NCOs present.

Children running the world, heaven forbid.

4. I would guarantee there would be no starving people. Because they would have been slotted by all the 13-17 year-old chavs running around with AKs they picked up for a grand apiece.

5. Yep, the 13-17 year olds would then be viewed as 'the establishment' by the 3 -12 year olds and we'd be back at square one.

6. Sorry, I'm a bit new; wouldn't this one be more appropriate for NAAFI Bar?

Anyway, wasn't Lord of the Flies a perfect example of how adults actually behave in the so-called real world, despite all our posturing and condescension, whilst masquerading as an expose on what happens if the wee folk are left to their own devices?

7. There'd be an awful lot of poopy diapers laying around, thats for sure :)

8. at least the Brussels sprout would would sink into oblivion!

9. You cynics!

and yes, I have read Lord of the flies... an adult made me. Is it true?

10. Phew thats a relief.. I merely had sex with a young adult M'lud! Sounds much less pervy doesn't it?

11. LMAO. I bet your Probation Officer's bought a yacht with the overtime.:D