If animals had the same brain power as humans...

Who'd be the apex kings of the world?

Would it still come down to opposable thumbs or would it be pure brute power and offensive skills?

Depends on which humans brain power you are giving to animals

Slime

LE
Average IQ of 100 and the same bell curve.

Same processing, critical thinking etc...
So your proposition requires domestic cats to become LESS critical :)

Edited to remove unintended comedy typo.

Slime

LE
Hehe, in some cases, yes.

Assume you meant cats, not a Honda Civic 1.6 GL...
Just noticed my typo.........Hmmmm, I think that clarified that my cat was clearly the brains in my house :)

I think given the chance the English might make a go of it. Bless 'em.

So if Fido now has the brains of a human, and thinks “OK, fcuk this, I’m getting my own food”, he’s still kinda fcuked at the first hurdle.

1. He likely doesn’t know where the supermarket is.
2. He can use Shanks’ pony to get there, but how’s he going to carry the food back?
3. Once he gets to the supermarket, the IR-operated doors likely won’t trigger because he’s too short.
4. Probably doesn’t have a coin to put in the trolley deposit slot (not having pockets).
5. How does he push the cart round the store?
6. He’s probably got to go round all the aisles because he can’t read the signage, but can recognize when he find the dog food aisle.
7. How does he get a 50lb bag of dog food from a shelf into the cart without thumbs and an ability to stand erect unaided?
8. When he gets to the checkout, how is he going to pay? No pockets again. Maybe marsupials wouldn’t have this issue, but I’m not sure there’s too many pet kangaroos.
9. He could of course just steal the food, but I think the thief would be easily identified on CCTV.

Not sure this is gonna work :)

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
These two girls already rule my world:
IMG_1102.JPG

So if Fido now has the brains of a human, and thinks “OK, fcuk this, I’m getting my own food”, he’s still kinda fcuked at the first hurdle.

1. He likely doesn’t know where the supermarket is.
2. He can use Shanks’ pony to get there, but how’s he going to carry the food back?
3. Once he gets to the supermarket, the IR-operated doors likely won’t trigger because he’s too short.
4. Probably doesn’t have a coin to put in the trolley deposit slot (not having pockets).
5. How does he push the cart round the store?
6. He’s probably got to go round all the aisles because he can’t read the signage, but can recognize when he find the dog food aisle.
7. How does he get a 50lb bag of dog food from a shelf into the cart without thumbs and an ability to stand erect unaided?
8. When he gets to the checkout, how is he going to pay? No pockets again. Maybe marsupials wouldn’t have this issue, but I’m not sure there’s too many pet kangaroos.
9. He could of course just steal the food, but I think the thief would be easily identified on CCTV.

Not sure this is gonna work :)

My dog would just live in the supermarket

Cats with opposable thumbs doesn't bear thinking about, they're halfway to be Velociraptors as it is

Oops

Old-Salt
Given it a micro seconds thought,
Cos it's all my brain'll allow today,

I'm still gonna come back as a honey badger.
Just a F'off genius Honey badger.

I'll keep a herd of caged humans to do the menial stuff,
And when I'm hungry, well.....you know the rest.

It would have to be some form of Primate, as has been stated - opposable thumbs make things a lot easier!

Imagine a silver back with the brains of a rocket scientist! I would be giving it a wide berth that is for certain.

Planet of the Apes anyone?

Latest Threads