If and when did you hear.

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Monster, Aug 19, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. With all the talk on here about cost cutting and reducing training I was wondering If everyone has heard about It at there unit.

I ask as there has not been any mention of It at my place yet (unless I am being treated like a mushroom) and the rest of the training year still seems full and busy.

2. msr

msr LE

Yes. Straight from the CO. But to be fair the only real hit we have seen is AT going to C1.

msr

3. From SO1 Ops (not that it is going to have a huge effect on us, at the moment). And a copy of the recent HQ LF PR letter from the Adjt. Maybe you haven't heard anything because your unit isn't having a short back'n'sides?

4. Monster,Nothing official to the boys on the ground yet but rumour has it that the annual firing for the CR2 boys may yet be cancelled but that shouldn't effect you.Any extra duties that would normally attract MTD's are being scrutinsed from puzzle palace.

5. fraid we got pumped..one weekend a month and one drill night..seem we over spent first half of the year.. effective as of last week end...oh well got to do the garden now kept telling the wife i was too busy before...Bugger :)

6. Heard a couple of unit's within west midlands have suspended recruiting. Can't verify too much other than told this by PSI type's
    Bongo

7. Told by my clerk,
    "You're onto 49.5 out of your 50 mr smash"
    "50 what?"
    "50 MTDs Oh, did no one tell you......"

Sucks to be me eh

Smash

*edited cos the original made no sense

8. msr

msr LE

How did you manage that? 10 days per month on average since 1 April?

9. Yep - the price you pay for a summer camp, a (extremely important career-wise) course and playing sport fairly high up.

10. Official comms from OCs to troops (backed by PSAO comms)

50 MTD limit unless cleared in advance (by CO for small excursions, by Bde for bigger overspends). Limit not pooled - you cant use a non-attenders days. AT is C1. Threat of C1 drill nights 1 in 4 has now receeded (bottled?). MATT 3 only, (PFT and WHT so can be done in TAC avoiding MATT weekends). Mil skills weekends "postponed" or cancelled to concentrate avail MTDs on trade trg. Recruiting 1 in 1 out (loose deadwood).

Get the feeling our regt might be trying to be seen to be trying really hard to avoid any falling axes.

It would not have been to bad if imposed from April, but by July a lot of people had already got into the 30s (especially since we had a jolly camp in early summer)

Anyone else spot that this cost cutting happened just after several affected units got back from a really nice camp ? Building up the goodwill in advance of a big brown sandwhich :)

11. msr

msr LE

This is down to poor staff work at your Bde.

Our 50 day clock started ticking in 18 May, so those who went on camp in April are laughing.

msr

12. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

From the CO - 1 Day STR/Trg weekends, 1 day MATT's, no shooting competition, no skiing, no AT, no nothing. The cupboard is bare. Until they realise they have shed loads of spare cash come January.

13. msr

msr LE

Somehow I don't think this is going to happen this year...

msr

14. From the Recruiting team WO2 yesterday - "due to Budget cuts we're having to juggle recruit training places."

(I got mine before anyone starts)

15. Definitely not, we had better accept that the Armed Forces cupboard is bare, not just Army or TA.

Like many of the old and bold (which I suppose I now have to admit to being) we have seen similar before and will doubtless see it again.

Ride it out folks, things will improve again, albeit not for a couple of years methinks.