If a Mod is about Chat Needs Help

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Gremlin, Oct 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Re US MarineX
  2. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

He is gone - End Ex
  3. We still need help though!!!
  4. Help us someone!!!!
  5. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

I am reliably informed that a quirk of the Chat program allows banned users still to enter. It does, i've tried it :twisted:

More cause to have a couple of regulars equipped with "kick" buttons for chat, without actually appointing Mods (if possible)
  6. Please, please, please!!!
  7. Mora is in there now. We need a solution to this if the mods go to sleep early.
  8. That wretched cunt Mora is back, making racist comments about serving soldiers. Can someone PLEASE come and kick her?
  9. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

No, we can't.

What we need to do is create a passworded room, and continously monitor the main chat room for any others that may enter, and invite them in. If the new entrant is a new user on arrse that we haven't heard of, than they don't get invited in, they can stay out there and play with the troll.

Maintaining a private, passworded room and monitoring the main room for people that may or may not be worthy of chatting with is much more benificial than actually having regulars with the power to boot out trolls on sight, thus letting the chat regulars crack on in peace.

10. Dads, this needs to be sorted.

There are a pile of mongs in there sometimes who "contribute" nothing. You have the "old and bold" in there, who also contribute nothing, but know how to sort the moonheads out from the mongs.

Oh, and sorry if I am being bold (and old).

Sluggy xx
  11. Fugs, as I understand it, there can't be regulars with kickbuttons becuase the only way to give someone such powers is to make them a full Mod - obviously that's problematic.

However, we do all have Ignore buttons - if everyone Ignores the trolls, they aren't an issue. I'm as guilty as the next person for forgetting that and kicking off when particularly nasty little racist fucktards arrive though.
  12. That is not the point.

Ignore buttons do not protect the "newbies" (which, yes I have been accused of abusing in the past) of the racist nastyness that some people are coming out with.

Ignoring trolls doesn't work, they always get a new name etc etc.

There are 19 year olds on there FFS hoping to join up and they have to read their crap (yes I talk a lot of crap too before you start), and think the Army full of bigots and racists?

No dear, I do not agree.

I wouldn't say anything in chat, or on here, that I wouldn't say in real life.

I will refrain from my obvious comment that you are all expecting me to say.

Dads, we need chat mods. IMHO.

Sluggy xx
  13. P*P for MOD

Post amended on request to avoid compromising persec
  14. Fair point slug, hadn't thought of that. Statement retracted.
  15. Thank you xx