IEDD

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by Frank_The_Tank, Dec 21, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am in the process of joining now (waiting on docs returning med forms) and I was wondering who is responsible for IEDD on devices found by Infantry patrols. Is it 33 Engr (EOD) Reg, 11 EOD (RLC) Reg or are Infantrymen trained to deal with them?

I know it may seem a bone question but I'm grateful for any clarification.

FRANK

2. Depends on items used in construction, normally it would be an ATO from 11 reg but 33 deal with conventional munitions, which are currently used ALOT in ied's in iraq & afghanistan...

3. The device and subsequent follow up would be dealt with by An Ammunition Technical Officer or Ammunition Technician, Royal logistic Corp. This includes where the IED contains conventional munitions, whether they are modified in themselves or used to enhance the effects of the device. In the theatres mentioned they would be working for the Joint Force EOD Group.

The JFEOD normally consists of members from all three services when manpower permits. Royal Navy (Clearance Divers), 33 Engr Regt (EOD) and RAF (EOD), who deal with Conventional Munitions Disposal. I.E - unmodified shells/ammunition/explosives. RLC personnel, primarily from 11 EOD Regt RLC deal with Improvised Explosives Devices and will deal with CMD as required.

4. They normally take a WIS team aswell to help identify and conventional weapons that the thing might contain. They have no part on dealing with the device, just identifying the parts.

5. Cheers fellas, just a query I had.

6. 33 Engr Regt (EOD) are responsible for Conventional munitions disposal, mine clearance and heavy IEDD in combat zones along with booby traps.

7. 11 EOD do both IEDD and CMD.

8. Garbage. 33 don't have any heavy IEDD capability, which is why ALL of the IEDD in Iraq, including during TELIC 1 - ie combat zones - , was done by RLC.