IED statistics

ForestGump

Clanker
So have recently begun watching a US series on Netflix called "Bomb Patrol-Afganistan" and they like to emphasize in the opening credits and i quote- "the enemy in the last year have planted 15.000 new IEDs"

It was first aired in 2011, im just wondering how exactly do the USA get the info about 15000 new IED's?

Im not saying i dont believe it or anything like that. But how do a people that insist Aliens exist and swear blind their dogs got probed in outer space, figure out that an enemy that blends into the society effectively becoming ghosts, has no actual head quarters or bases, no modern computer logs, no filing cabinets, limited access to modern equipment; where does 15000 thousand IED's come from? written down on a post-it inside jonnyturbans left sock? after catching him making waffles inside his mudhut?

obviously there is a genuine answer to how that info is gathered, so how?

ForestGump

Clanker
Being it an American documentary, and how there's lots of dramatizations, id assume the producers where 'mericans to

So have recently begun watching a US series on Netflix called "Bomb Patrol-Afganistan" and they like to emphasize in the opening credits and i quote- "the enemy in the last year have planted 15.000 new IEDs"

It was first aired in 2011, im just wondering how exactly do the USA get the info about 15000 new IED's?

Im not saying i dont believe it or anything like that. But how do a people that insist Aliens exist and swear blind their dogs got probed in outer space, figure out that an enemy that blends into the society effectively becoming ghosts, has no actual head quarters or bases, no modern computer logs, no filing cabinets, limited access to modern equipment; where does 15000 thousand IED's come from? written down on a post-it inside jonnyturbans left sock? after catching him making waffles inside his mudhut?

Usually IED's are reported to higher if hit or found, at least in US practice

And IED can be as simple as a grenade in a can with a pull wire, they all arent 1000lb aircraft bombs wired to motorolas.

It's mostly intelligence based and not a new concept.

Early 90s in NI and we would be appraised of the number of Mk15 mortars in the province at any one time.

Ah - 'Bomb Patrol Afghanistan'. One of the funniest programmes to ever come out of US television.

Ah - 'Bomb Patrol Afghanistan'. One of the funniest programmes to ever come out of US television.

Well at least they didn't use the words IEDD, because it certainly isn't.

It still seems a strange figure to come up with unqualified. After all, a Mk 15 mortar is pretty specific, while its difficult to know how anybody would know how many IEDs were actually "planted" unless they were either all found or all known, and that certainly wasn't the case.

"it is estimated that ... " may be a bit more honest, but rather less pithy.

ForestGump

Clanker
Hmm well regardless or not if the figures are sourced from accurate information, or just hearsay from an informant, they really do like to show boat and emphasize on what they do. There's humble and proud, then there's America.

I wager it is unlikely that this sort of information is going to be shared on the internet, just to satisfy the musings of border-line alcoholics and fantasists.

Being it an American documentary, and how there's lots of dramatizations, id assume the producers where 'mericans to

Nope. 3 times I read that and I think I eventually got the meaning but I may be wrong.

ForestGump

Clanker
Nope. 3 times I read that and I think I eventually got the meaning but I may be wrong.
merica_o_762715.jpg

Latest Threads