IED Attack on British Patrol

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by tomahawk6, Dec 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. No casualties. If you look at the vehicles in the photo you can see why.

[​IMG]
    A British soldier gestures towards photographers to stay away from the scene of a bomb attack east of Basra, 550 km (340 miles) south of Baghdad, December 21, 2007. A suspected roadside bomb exploded next to a British military armoured vehicle east of Basra International Airport, where British forces in Iraq are based, but there were no casualties from the blast, a British military official said.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

There is a burning APC though!

3. i see the ECM boys are there.

4. That's what I saw. Very surprised by the photos that no-one was hurt.

5. The more armor you have around you the better your chances are of surviving a hit, which is the purpose of the vehicle after all.

6. Soldier I think not, look at his shoulder - probably also explains the CWS on during the day - sloppy.

7. Shut up you penis.

8. check out the dodgy tash

and the cws on during daylight

bad drills

upon closer inspection i can see raf reg shoulder titles... no suprises there then

9. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Covers fitted so it will work! Agreed about the tash though!

10. Are those vehicles Mastiffs?

11. Yep.

12. I can't see them, can anyone else?? If i could, I doubt if I would point them out in case they got targetted. :wink: :wink:

13. What tash? All I can see is a bit of misplaced mascara...

14. What a pillock. Loving the 10 blokes standing in a small bunch waiting for the explosion.

15. Are you the same fella who sells TAMS on ebay.......... :roll: :roll: