IE6 and threads

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by alfred_the_great, Jul 4, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. COs - have you done something to the site in the last couple of days that could not be supported by IE6?

I can load forums ok, but as soon as I go to a thread all the header/banner disappears to be replaced by plain text stacked on top on itself. Very odd.
  2. IE 6? are you joking?

You need to update your web browser mate. For one thing, security is a MAJOR issue with IE6
  3. Well there's just under 2 years left for him, before lights out.
  4. If it was any good the MOD wouldn't be using it for DII...
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Ie6 is default browser for all mod dii systems. Its emotional!
  6. Dont tell me they are still using windows NT 3.1
  7. Don't knock IE6 we've only just got IE 7 at our work place and only because the Citrix boxes our IT dept. got came with it preinstalled.
  8. The companies who got together to provide IT for the MoD weren't daft, they made sure that the bespoke systems they wrote were only compatible with IE6 so that more money would have to be forthcoming to keep pace with developments in OSs and IEn.

I believe JPA only works with IE6 at the moment.
  9. ballcocks - MoD Sy types dictated IE 6 for Dii etc. More effort to pull apps backwards.
  10. I too am using IE6 because its a works laptop, every time i open a thread, it always jumps to the bottom of the page, is there something i can do to stop this please?
  11. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

I don't get any problem on IE6 beyond the normal minor irritations as VBulletin don't support IE6 any more. Could you try pressing Ctrl and F5 together please and see if that clears it?
  12. Smash. Cheers GCO; out of curiousity, what does Ctrl + F5 do? I've only ever used F5 to reload a page.
  13. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Ctrl F5 forces your browser to clear the cache which can ensure that out of date stuff (such as CSS) is cleared. A 'normal' F5 refresh attempts to use whatever is already in the cache.
  14. every day is a school day