IE redirector

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Aunty Stella, Apr 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I made the mistake of letting the sprogs use my laptop today, should have known better but hey, there you go.

I know have a redirecter on Intenet Explorer. I'll Google something from the Google toolbar, the results will come up on Google as normal but I'll click the link and it will take me elsewhere to a sponsored site. Hasn't affected Chrome or Firefox but I do have to use IE at times as some of the software I use for work won't play with anything else, so it's not an option for me to just not use IE.

Spybot S&D, AVG and Kerpinsky aren't detecting anything but it is obviously there .

Any suggestions?
  2. Sounds like it's set your home page to a Google clone - check you are actually going to If your Google toolbar (is that an addon for IE?) is playing up, uninstall it, go to Google and reinstall.

See if those help.
  3. Probably going to be accused of teaching my granny to suck eggs but you do know that the first few items (can be 1 or more) on any Google search are usually to Sponsored (commercial) sites? Normally distinguished by having a cream background.

Just a thought :? 8)
  4. Search for and download a program called HijackThis. It'll sort out your browser hijack problem.
  5. A good programme but you must be pretty IT aware before using it!

6. Download and update Malwarebytes
    clear all temp int files and cookies, then reset your home page.
  7. Malwarebytes is good. Use hijackthis aswell and paste the log to here and then press analyze and it will give you and indication of what is dodgy.

Children really should have a windows user account separate to yours and the administrator. That account should be a limited type which will stop them from installing dross. Either that or a whack round the back of the ear. ;)
  8. Yep, that did it

278 infected files!!

Thanks very much