Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IDRP & Discharge code decipher.

Dani930

Swinger
Evening all,

I'm currently building a case within the Internal Dispute Resolution Process in relation to my AFPS 05 medical discharge. Im looking through my discharge papers but wanted to decipher my limitations.Can anyone point me to the document that lists the descriptors behind each code ideally RAF if each service have a document. Ive been searching for hours but have been unlucky in finding anything.

I was discharged with the below.

P8 U3 L8 H1 H1 E1 E1 M2 S2

Employment standards.
A 4 L 5 M 5 E 5
Limitation: Unfit further service.

Medical deployability standard - MND

JMES Status -Permanent.

I understand P8 is unfit further service but no clue on the rest assuming upper, lower hearing and eyes? Would love to find the descriptors for each item. No clue one employment standards.

Dose anyone have any advice for going through the IDRP? At present they have written to my GP for the last years records but could take up to 6 weeks for this to be received. Possibly longer given the current circumstances, would love a little advise or a few pointers.

Thanks in advance!!

Why? RAF? Try a RAF site?

Dani930

Swinger
Why? RAF? Try a RAF site?
To purely satisfy my curiosity. Never understood the means and whilst looking though my paperwork I thought I’d have a look but have came up with noting.

Had a look through here and found nothing along with the usual places and a google search of multiple different phrases.

I thought asking here someone may have a link.

Basically '8' in any category means unfit for any form of military service. But back in the day I knew of a fellow who was P8 and S8 (the latter meaning he was a psychiatric case) and he was re-employed...............albeit in controversial circumstances.

Best wait for the next war, they will come running.

Your 'L' 8 refers to your lower limbs.

Dani930

Swinger
Basically '8' in any category means unfit for any form of military service. But back in the day I knew of a fellow who was P8 and S8 (the latter meaning he was a psychiatric case) and he was re-employed...............albeit in controversial circumstances.

Best wait for the next war, they will come running.

Your 'L' 8 refers to your lower limbs.
Cheers mate.

Well that sounds a tad suspect.

Had a good read through the links sent finally settled my curiosity, its something I've pondered over before.

Evening all,

I'm currently building a case within the Internal Dispute Resolution Process in relation to my AFPS 05 medical discharge. Im looking through my discharge papers but wanted to decipher my limitations.Can anyone point me to the document that lists the descriptors behind each code ideally RAF if each service have a document. Ive been searching for hours but have been unlucky in finding anything.

I was discharged with the below.

P8 U3 L8 H1 H1 E1 E1 M2 S2

Employment standards.
A 4 L 5 M 5 E 5
Limitation: Unfit further service.

Medical deployability standard - MND

JMES Status -Permanent.

I understand P8 is unfit further service but no clue on the rest assuming upper, lower hearing and eyes? Would love to find the descriptors for each item. No clue one employment standards.

Dose anyone have any advice for going through the IDRP? At present they have written to my GP for the last years records but could take up to 6 weeks for this to be received. Possibly longer given the current circumstances, would love a little advise or a few pointers.

Thanks in advance!!
Should have mentioned that the employment standards refer (or used to) to those areas of operations you are fit to function in. It used to be FE (Forward areas Everywhere) HO (Home Only) BA (Base Areas) and so on. I suspect they have merely changed the descriptors.

Dani930

Swinger
Should have mentioned that the employment standards refer (or used to) to those areas of operations you are fit to function in. It used to be FE (Forward areas Everywhere) HO (Home Only) BA (Base Areas) and so on. I suspect they have merely changed the descriptors.
Perfect thanks! Still reading through the links but im sure ill come across that shortly

Latest Threads