Idiots on trains

D

Deleted 4886

Not my bus, but a tourist bus crash yesterday. 8 dead.

Probably speeding. Imagine being on the top deck as it failed to negotiate a bend and then rolled down a hill. But it was going up to a high point to look out over Lima.
Happen on this hill about once a month. 'Brake failure' is the normal bolixy excuse. Two killed on this occasion and the authorities don't give a fark. Phuket News - 10-year-old tourist, father killed in bus crash

Give the poor lassie a break she's not used to such luxury:eek:

download.jpg

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 18

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
You cannot have an Idiots On Trains thread without this.

(The astonishing thing was I knew what I wanted, but found lots of other examples before this.)

(The astonishing thing was I knew what I wanted, but found lots of other examples before this.)

Did that include the kid from Guilford who died whilst train surfing in Paris? the same kid whose demise caused a minor meltdown of an Arrser as he did not find it as amusing as everyone else on the thread?

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Did that include the kid from Guilford who died whilst train surfing in Paris? the same kid whose demise caused a minor meltdown of an Arrser as he did not find it as amusing as everyone else on the thread?
Ooh that passed me by. Tell me more.

49er

On ROPS
On ROPs

It must be a huge worry to the Indian government thet they are losing so many of their highly trained rocket scientists in this inexplicable manner.

quilter

War Hero
Isn't that where they are supposed to be put?
Standing in the aisle with it just means no one can move past him.

Mind you if you have a bike then you should be banned from rush hour trains, buses and the road.
Slightly off thread but reference buses, at peak times those tank sized massive pram things should be banned, when did they become so huge, with tyres like tractors, they prevent the wheelchair users/workers using the space let alone allowing passengers to pass down the bus.:(

It's very funny but sadly so old I had to give it an old.

Now if you'd found a new clip of another "highly qualified rocket scientist from the world's most advanced nation" (cough) getting the good news, well, it would have been different altogether.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
It's very funny but sadly so old I had to give it an old.

Now if you'd found a new clip of another "highly qualified rocket scientist from the world's most advanced nation" (cough) getting the good news, well, it would have been different altogether.
Like I said, I found a good half dozen different ones, but this one remains the best and I selected it on purpose. Its an example of The old ones ARE the best.

I have seen that clip of the guy getting frazzed on the train roof, but filmed from another angle. A Hindu work colleague told me the reason nobody went to retrieve the dead body was a cultural thing, that if you do, you will be made responsible for his funeral costs and arrangements.

I have seen that clip of the guy getting frazzed on the train roof, but filmed from another angle. A Hindu work colleague told me the reason nobody went to retrieve the dead body was a cultural thing, that if you do, you will be made responsible for his funeral costs and arrangements.
Expensive to just chuck the daft bastard in the Ganges is it?
It's not like a cremation would be costly either, the jobs at least half done already.
Tight bastards.

Bob Upndown

War Hero

There'll be the entrepreneur in the crowd thinking "right, wait until it's dark, we'll get him down and I'll have both those femurs on the rotisserie in my kebab shop in a jiffy. Heck, they're already done crusty on the outside and pink in the middle"

There'll be the entrepreneur in the crowd thinking "right, wait until it's dark, we'll get him down and I'll have both those femurs on the rotisserie in my kebab shop in a jiffy. Heck, they're already done crusty on the outside and pink in the middle"
That'd be Gupta "Delhi Belly" Dibbler then.

Last edited:

pooky

War Hero

I watched this clip and while the victim lay on the roof with smoke rising from him I thought 'blimey, look at him - he's so burnt that his skin has even turned black'.....then I realised that, being an lndian gentleman, he was actually fairly black beforehand. This should probably be in the 'how bone is your missus' thread.

Bob Upndown

War Hero
That'd be Gupta "Delhi Belly" Dibbler then.

Not so, Indian street food - food of the gods...once you've got through the obligatory 2 days and nights in your hotel room unable to keep anything down and swear you'll never siht solid again. Then, on the 3rd day, you will be re-born, nay resurrected and you may sally forth into your brave new world of Indian culinary delights without fear of consequences.

I guess you build up the antibodies(?) in the gut to cope with the local conditions. Same was true in Nigeria, though I definitely didn't try the street food there - dried fish and a soupcon of yam for you Sir??!

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
A work colleague went to Pakistan for a 48 hour visit,ate absolutely nothing but McVities Digestive biscuits and still went down with the inevitable New Delhi Belly aka Jinnah's Revenge.

NSP

LE
A work colleague went to Pakistan for a 48 hour visit,ate absolutely nothing but McVities Digestive biscuits and still went down with the inevitable New Delhi Belly aka Jinnah's Revenge.
Joining in Mumbai* I didn't eat anything until I got on the boat and still went down with the galloping trots. I was shivering and sweating so hard at one point that the old man wanted the medic to pack me jam-full of anti-malarials just in case!

* I'm sure they reverted the name to avoid confusing George W. Bush, as he was convinced Bombay was part of a B-52.

Last edited:

Latest Threads