idiot

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by hobnob81, Apr 17, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all, posted on here about two months ago for some advice on a career i.e. infantry or sappers , and after recieving some good advice i decided to plumb for the infantry.
    I have proceeded with my application and have just taken my barb test in which i scored really low . I have taken this before and scored relatively highly ( it was on a pre RCB test , which i passed ) and cant help thinkin it was a balls up , i have decent GCSEs and A-levels, but perhaps through vanity i would like to go for selection with a decent score.
    My question is , is it worth moaning about wanting to take my test again or shall i just get my head down and stop whining.

Ta

2. What's the pojnt in doing the barb test again mate? If you scoired high enough to get into what you want to do then just carry on. It's not like your barb test score will loom over your head throughout your career.

Thios makes about as much sense as passing the fitness test then asking to do it again just to make sure.

3. Doesnt matter what you get on BARB test join up and when in training do something else, BARB means apsolutly shite once your in.

4. You can re-take your BARB after 28 days just remember you lose your original score and can only take it three times in a year. If you think you can do a lot better it is worth taking it again because it can help when your in front of PSO at selection.

5. So what did your Infantry job brief say? inf101, inf102, inf103 or inf 104, as these do make an impact in your career later on, ask your recruiter.

6. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

If you think you can do better, wait and resit. I know that you have plumped for the inf now but you may have other ideas later.

Having a decent barb score on file is worth it. Put it this way, if you do decide to change course you would be able to say that you had the score to justify the change. If you don't, you won't even get an interview. I can talk with some authority on this having organised many transfers of trainees at Depot not so very long ago.

The barb test is not exactly strenous so do it again and at least keep your options open.

Whatever you chose, good luck for the future.

7. CC1 what do the ratings mean that you wrote down?

8. i took my barb on wednesday and i thought i was doing it slow, but when i finished and watched this other bloke im sure he was wondering what the stuff on the screen was for lol.

9. if you only got inf - redo it. and try to help yourself. if you screw it up for the same reasons you just thick and should join whan you want to join.

Not all inf are thick illiterate goons

I got 96% when I joined (RMP) and I regretted not joining inf when I had the chance.

Just do it if its what you want

10. With an attitude like that, mate - don't join the infantry! They don't need guys who wanna do things out of "vanity", FFS.
    Cheers,
    Cliff.