IDF: Usually we drink vodka

The IDF's alcohol plague - Israel News, Ynetnews

An IDF General Staff order forbids the drinking of alcoholic beverages at military bases. Moreover, soldiers are not allowed to drink outside their bases ahead of operational activity or while carrying weapons. However, the orders are increasingly violated at bases nationwide
One soldier interviewed for the story admitted that drinking on base has become widespread. “Usually we drink vodka, but I personally drink whatever is there, he said, while also revealing that troops drink even when on high alert.
He is a good bloke, vodka is the right choice.

Another soldier, who serves in the elite Golani brigade, said some troops regularly take alcohol into outposts while on guard duty. “They mostly take vodka. It’s a regular procedure,” he said
a senior officer summoned one of his female subordinates to his office, offered her a drink, and later attempted to approach her sexually.
I don't understand. It would a wrong order to approach her sexually and only then offer her a drink.

In yet another case, an officer serving at a base holding advanced electronic equipment in central Israel was found to have allowed his soldiers to drink alcohol during a military trip... female soldiers who participated in the trip in question said the officer, who was drunk, took off his pants at one point and exposed his rear-end to his stunned soldiers.
Such rude, impolite female soldiers. Witches!!! They must be punished... if they were sober of course.

The army added that it undertakes intensive efforts to address the issue in lectures and other activities among soldiers, in order to stress the danger inherent in alcohol abuse.
Year... Lettures are the right way but only with examples of forbiddent beverages to taste them.

Sorry, what's the point of this thread?

And that's some incredibly tame drinking. No naked bar? No freckle? No naked-roll-mat-fighting?

Oh, and vodka's shit.

It's good to know that it's not just the British Army that is full of lezzers.
Your Highness, I suspect that all armies (except maybe Andorran one) are the same in this aspect to begin with the Russian Army.

And that's some incredibly tame drinking. No naked bar? No freckle? No naked-roll-mat-fighting?

Oh, and vodka's shit.
I propose you dear friend to dring a small quantity of vodka. A half liter would be enough and probably you would understand the point.

I know what half a litre of vodka does, it's just that it's much more pleasant getting there by drinking half a litre of whisky.

Your Highness, I suspect that all armies (except maybe Andorran one) are the same in this aspect to begin with the Russian Army.

Nah, the Russian Army is full of gay prostitutes.

[video=youtube;PYGrtrgfbEM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYGrtrgfbEM[/video]

Lightweights. Rum is the badger.

M

Mr_Tigger

Oh, and vodka's shit.
The problem with drinking on IDF bases is that you often have to give up your bunk and locker at the weekends for reservists to come in and work. This means hiding drinkypoos is rather harder and has to be done in a working area. Vodka got very nicely in an IV bag which can have a new outer packet heat sealed on in about 10 seconds. This would not pass muster were it whisky and therefore a real drink.