Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

IDF shoot 60-2,000 wounded.

No....I quite liked most of the people I met in Kuwait,Abu Dhabi, Dubai,Iraq etc.....

I look forward to visiting the Holy Land idc.

( EXODUS 2:22 )

Last edited:
Sderot is one mile from the border with Gaza.

A New Town in the Negev with a short, bleak history. It was established on land formerly occupied by Palestinians, populated with Jewish emigres from Kurdistan,Iran and more recently the former Soviet Union rather than Sabras born in Israel.

It is one of a string of towns established to act as a cordon-sanitaire between the more heavily populated areas of Israel and their obstreperous violent neighbours.

Ironically, the Romans did much the same on the fringes of the 'civilised' provinces, as did the Hapsburgs in Yurp.

They populated the edges of the Austro-Hungarian empire with Serbs and Bulgars for centuries in order to provide garrisons of Christian fighters who could be called on to die for the Empire. Hence Kosovo, Bosnia etc.

gaza-airstrike.jpg

Israeli warplanes targeted an open area of land in the town of Beit Hanoun in the northern Gaza Strip.

Israel reacting to nuisance raids with vengeful, disproportionate force ? Say it ain't so Mo ! :)

Wasn't there some tribe around the Romans invading called Judah covering land that is now described as Palestine ?

I wonder what happened to them....

As I understand it their God deserted them and cast them into slavery and exile for a thousand generations - 'cos they stubbornly would not give up their graven images :)

The worship of Baal and Mammon has been replaced:
1280px-Israeli_AH-64D_edited-01.jpg

Apart from the Tribe of Dan - who being largely drunken mariners, naturally became Brits..... :)

Last edited:
consider the number of deaths, Mr. Magoo.
And my predicted fat failure MBF has come to pass.
The fat failure.
I have done just that. But the number of attempts at exacting mass civilian death is heavily weighted on one side, while the moral pressure on the other to limit 'collateral damage' has been exemplarily successful, given both the balance of forces and the nature of the societies involved. I have no hesitation in awarding one my greatest sympathy and support (Israel), while commiserating with the other for their abject and frankly disgusting choices in political leadership (Palestine).

Just out of curiosity Oddbod ? - where does your own fervent pro-Israel position stem from ? I believe you hail from the US?

Seems a lot of Christians over there have been persuaded from one source or another that

'The modern Ingathering of the Jewish People to Eretz Israel and the rebirth of the nation of Israel are in fulfilment of biblical prophecies, as written in both Old and New Testaments.

Christian believers are instructed by Scripture to acknowledge the Hebraic roots of their faith and to actively assist and participate in the plan of God for the Ingathering of the Jewish People and the Restoration of the nation of Israel in our day.[47] '

These folk are called Christian Zionists.

The General Assembly of the National Council of Churches [ In USA] however in November 2007 stated that

" the theological stance of Christian Zionism adversely affects:
  • justice and peace in the Middle East, delaying the day when Israelis and Palestinians can live within secure borders
  • relationships with Middle Eastern Christians (see the Jerusalem Declaration on Christian Zionism)
  • relationships with Jews, since Jews are seen as mere pawns in an eschatological scheme
  • relationships with Muslims, since it treats the rights of Muslims as subordinate to the rights of Jews
  • interfaith dialogue, since it views the world in starkly dichotomous terms"[50]

As you will recall I'm sure, the Catholic Church until quite recently took the view that as it was the Jews who had nailed Jesus up, they were to blame for - er- everything really?

As with all matters sky fairy-ish , it's all a bit....tricky....really ? Recalls the serious arguments for which people killed each other in huge swathes back in 17thC Yurp really:

' How many angels can dance on the head of a pin ? '

I have done just that. But the number of attempts at exacting mass civilian death is heavily weighted on one side, while the moral pressure on the other to limit 'collateral damage' has been exemplarily successful, given both the balance of forces and the nature of the societies involved. I have no hesitation in awarding one my greatest sympathy and support (Israel), while commiserating with the other for their abject and frankly disgusting choices in political leadership (Palestine).
You're pretending to be even handed
I see through you.

se

You're telling me to keep a sense of proportion, while equating kites with (presumably) F16s...

Obviously most modern armies will mothball their aircraft and use kites for FGA.

The air strikes caused no casualties. Using the same logic you have applied to the arson, rocket and IED attacks coming from Gaza they are therefore only 'mildly annoying' and not a big deal.

The air strikes caused no casualties. Using the same logic you have applied to the arson, rocket and IED attacks coming from Gaza they are therefore only 'mildly annoying' and not a big deal.

How do you know? Do you have BDA / post Strike reports?

Regardless, launching airstrikes in retaliation / revenge for kite attacks is disproportionate. My comments / queries above remain unanswered.